*** VD 8 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    I'm just assuming he meant between 9 and 10 at night.
    downtown Portland having it's fireworks on the 3rd?
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Nah...slept in...why?

Boss
      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Probably snowed like a mofo last night out there. I mean, that place is pretty close to Antarctica or something.
        closer than I'd ever want to get.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          closer than I'd ever want to get.
          Well that hurts... found a great seafood place too.

Shocking...I know
          I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
          You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
          "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
          It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Do you get two seasons when you pick Noah Arky Vaughn?

Comment

• working on pick - already had Arky typed in - fuckin purple fat ass!!!!!

Comment

• For better or worse, I feel like I've been starting positional runs in this draft. First second base, then catcher, now a bit with the shortstops. I'm running out of those weaker positions to start a run.
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                  working on pick - already had Arky typed in - fuckin purple fat ass!!!!!
                  I wasn't even gonna pick him. I was looking at pitchers when, all of a sudden, I heard a voice..."if you pick him, hacko will be pissed"...

Who am I to argue with an ethereal, disembodied voice?

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                    I wasn't even gonna pick him. I was looking at pitchers when, all of a sudden, I heard a voice..."if you pick him, hacko will be pissed"...

Who am I to argue with an ethereal, disembodied voice?
                    So it wasn't the Purple blobs fault but some god forsaken piece of shit bands fault. Stick a drum stick up your Ass

Comment

• how did Jim Lefebvre win the ROY in 1965 over Mamma Morgan? Based solely on RBIs?

Code:
                       Voting Results 		Batting Stats 	
                                 Tm 	Vote Pts 	1st Place 	Share 	WAR 	G 	AB 	R 	H 	HR 	RBI 	SB 	BB 	BA 	OBP 	SLG 	OPS 	
                      1 	Jim Lefebvre 	LAD 	13.0 	14.0 	65% 	4.63 	157 	544 	57 	136 	12 	69 	3 	71 	.250 	.337 	.369 	.706 												
                      2 	Joe Morgan 	HOU 	4.0 	4.0 	20% 	5.69 	157 	601 	100 	163 	14 	40 	20 	97 	.271 	.373 	.418 	.791

Comment

• Sadly, the answer is very likely just skin color.
                        "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                        "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
                          Sadly, the answer is very likely just skin color.
                          No chance.

The answer is very likely that the Dodgers won the National league pennant while Houston was horrendous. African-Americans won 6 of the first 7 ROYs, and non-whites won 11 of the first 17 in the NL.

Comment

• Crazy day at work, I'll look it over and should have my pick up within the hour. Revo again stealing some guys I was thinking about. I just didn't have the nerve to take Morgan last round
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              No chance.

The answer is very likely that the Dodgers won the National league pennant while Houston was horrendous. African-Americans won 6 of the first 7 ROYs, and non-whites won 11 of the first 17 in the NL.
                              Hadn't considered that. Good point.
                              "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                              "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                                So it wasn't the Purple blobs fault but some god forsaken piece of shit bands fault. Stick a drum stick up your Ass
                                So much anger... look, I promise not to snake your picks on the even rounds...

But I can't promise the disembodied, ethereal voice doesn't chat up frae...

Comment

Working...
                                X