*** VD 6 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
    Sorry guys. I repicked for Ivy Olsen. I'm sure someone breathed a sigh of relief that he is still available.
    You need to repick Keltner also. Check you PM's Knuckler.

J

Comment

• Knuckles hates us all right now for suckering him into this.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Once the draft is over, I'll take Johnny's final spreadsheet and add my modifications so knuckler and others can see one method of implementing scoring.
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Oh, and hacko, i would definitely mention that you are apparently some kind of pants off - dance off master.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I have some improvements also, helpful more in wildcard drafts but can be beneficial in all drafts.
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              Oh, and hacko, i would definitely mention that you are apparently some kind of pants off - dance off master.
              I think I need to upgrade my image - plus the class of women I meet. Might have to fake this

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                I have some improvements also, helpful more in wildcard drafts but can be beneficial in all drafts.
                Still not sure if I played this right but it is nice to have both WC picks with 3 pics to go

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  First in PB for a couple days then off to Coronado Island to be the officiant for my cousin's wedding, lol. I keep threatening to wear the priest collar (and also keep referring to myself as "the priest") which is not amusing my wife but is endlessly amusing to me.
                  Not a big fan of PB these days but Coronado is great. I'd suggest coming 15 minutes north while you're in PB to meet up, but I'm heading to NY this week. Hope you have a great time out here.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                    Still not sure if I played this right but it is nice to have both WC picks with 3 pics to go
                    I was sure using wildcards earlier on was the way to go, with the knockouts and the way you can lose players in your pool at a rapid rate.

Now...I am totally jealous of you.

Comment

• Knuckler you don't have to keep apologizing. The more drafters we have, the more interesting it is.
                      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                        Knuckles hates us all right now for suckering him into this.
                        Absolutely. He's like ")&@$&@(, now I have to find an 1870s hitter whose last name starts with N???"

Comment

Absolutely. ^

What do you think so far, anyway?
                          Knuckles think """ Fuck you Eld"""""

Comment

Absolutely. ^

And now that you've gotten your feet wet in our most difficult format to date (in our 25th or something VDs altogether), you'll be primed and ready to kick everyone's ass next draft.

What do you think so far, anyway?
                            To be honest, it's a LOT more work than I imagined but it has been a lot of fun too. Not so much the last few picks though. I had no damn Idea I doubled up on W. I think the organization of everything is the hardest part for me. Hell, it's taken me 17 picks to get all the spreadsheets down and I don't think I know how to access half of the stuff. I am not "spreadsheet guy" so the best part for me has been the introduction to the world of spreadsheets. In my regular drafts, I am pretty much a "watch a ton of baseball", read and listen to everything I can get my hands on, get some projections that I like and change them to my liking and then let a program do all the spreadsheet work. That plan won't cut it here so that has been enlightening. Not to mention starting to really get into the history of the game is awesome.
                            I am definitely "In" on some more but I think I need to put some time into some positional and decade organization. I am coaching a 13 and 14 yr. old Pony team this year so my time is gonna be tight for the first half of the summer.
                            Thanks to everyone for the patience and the help.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
                              To be honest, it's a LOT more work than I imagined but it has been a lot of fun too. Not so much the last few picks though. I had no damn Idea I doubled up on W. I think the organization of everything is the hardest part for me. Hell, it's taken me 17 picks to get all the spreadsheets down and I don't think I know how to access half of the stuff. I am not "spreadsheet guy" so the best part for me has been the introduction to the world of spreadsheets. In my regular drafts, I am pretty much a "watch a ton of baseball", read and listen to everything I can get my hands on, get some projections that I like and change them to my liking and then let a program do all the spreadsheet work. That plan won't cut it here so that has been enlightening. Not to mention starting to really get into the history of the game is awesome.
                              I am definitely "In" on some more but I think I need to put some time into some positional and decade organization. I am coaching a 13 and 14 yr. old Pony team this year so my time is gonna be tight for the first half of the summer.
                              Thanks to everyone for the patience and the help.
                              This is about my 5th Vd and you add more and more to your Personal Spreadsheet/Rankings on each draft. Plus you can always use the History threads to get some what of an idea how the drafts go (Ignore Heye Picks This draft I did it a little different (from just my pure rankings) since I too had a time crunch on my life. New job/fixing up house.... I actually am looking at Letters,needs and Opponents and making my picks according ( with some time constraints) It has been fun doing it now will see where it lands me. It has left me kind of in a nice spot at the end. No Horrible Letter left -2 WC but I have not even come close to figure out my picks so it could end up a disaster.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                                This is about my 5th Vd and you add more and more to your Personal Spreadsheet/Rankings on each draft.
                                this is probably my 20th and... as the standings consistently show... I still do not have personal rankings for players. I've tried a couple of times but end up with the same results.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X