*** VD 6 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Just found out that I got accepted to law school and am off to go party down for a couple hours.

That must have been a huge decision!

I had a similar choice about 10 years back ... two letters in the mail when we came back from holiday:

Choice 1: Law School (1/2 fees paid)
    Choice 2: PhD (fully funded for 2 years)

Choice 2 involved the girl I was with at the time ... that swayed it ... still wondering about that decision

One reason I don't necessarily regret it is because I still don't like the idea of having to be a lawyer every day for my life until I'm old and grey, but I suppose the money and security would have been nice.

Comment

Just found out that I got accepted to law school and am off to go party down for a couple hours.
      congrats - too late for me to use you as my Divorce lawyer but there is always next time

Comment

Congratulations Devil. I just hope this doesn't affect your pick time in VD to the point you pick at my speed.
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Congratulations ! That's very exciting. Do you start in the fall ? Where are you going to school ?
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Thanks! Yes, I start in the fall (although still not actually 1000% sure I'm going) here at the University of New Mexico.
            So what r your options?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post

That must have been a huge decision!

I had a similar choice about 10 years back ... two letters in the mail when we came back from holiday:

Choice 1: Law School (1/2 fees paid)
              Choice 2: PhD (fully funded for 2 years)

Choice 2 involved the girl I was with at the time ... that swayed it ... still wondering about that decision

One reason I don't necessarily regret it is because I still don't like the idea of having to be a lawyer every day for my life until I'm old and grey, but I suppose the money and security would have been nice.
              So does this mean you're a PhD?

And congrats, ElD on getting into Law School!

Comment

• Congrats Chris! Very cool stuff!
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Go to law school or don't go to law school.

I've been doing some interesting work-from-home startup stuff with a buddy out of San Francisco that I've enjoyed. I have also really liked spending so much time with my son. It also looks like I might get offered a consulting gig for utilities which would pay nicely but involve significant travel.

I'm probably at about 90% decided to go to law school. The admitted students day that I went to yesterday was very impressive.

Edit: I think one of my reasons for hesitation is that I feel like I'm sort of becoming a professional student, just racking up advanced degrees but not advancing my career.
                  couldn't u still work with you buddy and do school? Sounds good either way except the traveling part that would suck if you have a family (except if your wife is like my ex then it would be a vacation LOL)

Comment

• I know all about feeling like a professional student. I've now attended post high school for 9 years now, and I still feel like I'm spinning my wheels. 2 am...bad time to read this thread.
                    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I'm very nearly to the point where my picks are absolutely locked in. I think everyone will be to that point within a few rounds, give or take a couple picks. One of the less awesome things about this type of draft, I guess.
                      Part of the reason I took so long to pick yesterday was work, but I also spent 4 hours working through what I feel is my best set of players to select. This means I will be selecting rather quickly, but it also helped me realize that El Diablo is right, picks are quickly getting locked up. 4 of my players I have plans to select either no one can or most likely will not take. The other 4 are quite shaky, but I figure to get at least 2 of them with little problem.

Comment

• Been a busy weekend, I'll try to have my pick up in an hour or so...
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                          Part of the reason I took so long to pick yesterday was work, but I also spent 4 hours working through what I feel is my best set of players to select. This means I will be selecting rather quickly, but it also helped me realize that El Diablo is right, picks are quickly getting locked up. 4 of my players I have plans to select either no one can or most likely will not take. The other 4 are quite shaky, but I figure to get at least 2 of them with little problem.
                          I spent about an hour going round in circles. Then I totally changed direction and just picked someone I wasn't even considering.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• No need to PM me. I'm going round in circles myself. I sure F'd myself. Oh well, I'll always remember my first time getting VD. I should post a pick pretty soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
                              No need to PM me. I'm going round in circles myself. I sure F'd myself. Oh well, I'll always remember my first time getting VD. I should post a pick pretty soon.
                              Just don't make it your last one.

Comment

• I'll be have a look in about next half an hour or so ...

Comment

Working...
                                X