*** VD 6 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Did you download this VD6 sheet previously?

How old is the version you are using?
    just D/L it this morning(ish). didn't touch it. It opened with those errors.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• It is working fine ... and the parts you describe as not working, should work on any spreadsheet, even open office and such.

Delete and try and again?

Comment

• Here's the error I'm getting... if I look in the playerID column on anyone's page (Eld, Revo etc pages) I'm getting this:

=IF(ISERROR(HLOOKUP("P1",ROUNDS!#REF!,2,0)),"",HLO OKUP("P1",ROUNDS!#REF!,2,0))

it looks like if I fix that reference everything else should load okay.

not sure why it looks like there's a space in that second HLOOKUP, there isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          Here's the error I'm getting... if I look in the playerID column on anyone's page (Eld, Revo etc pages) I'm getting this:

=IF(ISERROR(HLOOKUP("P1",ROUNDS!#REF!,2,0)),"",HLOOKUP("P1",ROUNDS!#REF!,2,0))

it looks like if I fix that reference everything else should load okay.

not sure why it looks like there's a space in that second HLOOKUP, there isn't.
          The first playerid on a team page should read:

=IF(ISERROR(HLOOKUP("P1",ROUNDS!$C$2:SAA$4,2,0)),"",HLOOKUP("P1",ROUNDS!$C$2:SAA$4,2,0))

There is no location for the hlookup for some reason ...

You must be doing something wrong when you are downloading or opening the file. Maybe the new sheet is being merged with an old sheet or something?

Comment

You must be doing something wrong when you are downloading or opening the file. Maybe the new sheet is being merged with an old sheet or something?
            My input is a left click to download and a click on continue to convert it. That's it. It's the most updated sheet since the rounds sheet is up to date.

Weird. Thanks for the text, I can update the references.

Ah... my version doesn't like the SAA if I get rid of the S and go with AA it all works.

Comment

• Don't convert?

Comment

Don't convert?
                I'm converting it to 2003 and the maximum number of columns is IV so it doesn't understand a column SAA

2003 is all I have here.

Comment

• Is the position sheet just f'ed up. I noticed it hasn't worked the last two drafts.
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                    Is the position sheet just f'ed up. I noticed it hasn't worked the last two drafts.
                    Yeah ... I can't find a working version, so I don't know how to adapt it.

Comment

My input is a left click to download and a click on continue to convert it. That's it. It's the most updated sheet since the rounds sheet is up to date.

Weird. Thanks for the text, I can update the references.

Ah... my version doesn't like the SAA if I get rid of the S and go with AA it all works.
                      The SAA must be a typo that is being ignored by the newer versions. I probably meant $AA.

I'll fix at the weekend.

Comment

The SAA must be a typo that is being ignored by the newer versions. I probably meant $AA.

I'll fix at the weekend.
                        It probably was a typo, but newer versions allow a butt load of columns. I checked with a coworker who runs 2010 and it goes out far past SAA so it's not an issue for anyone else. 2003 just limits it to IV. If you go to that page and replace SAA with IV it will work for everyone (err... me as well as continuing to work for everyone)

$AA would allow us to draft 25 players, but if you set it for $BB or something it would allow us to draft more players and you wouldn't have to update those pages if we go back to a draft that includes more players selected.

Comment

It probably was a typo, but newer versions allow a butt load of columns. I checked with a coworker who runs 2010 and it goes out far past SAA so it's not an issue for anyone else. 2003 just limits it to IV. If you go to that page and replace SAA with IV it will work for everyone (err... me as well as continuing to work for everyone)

$AA would allow us to draft 25 players, but if you set it for $BB or something it would allow us to draft more players and you wouldn't have to update those pages if we go back to a draft that includes more players selected.
                          All done ... I replaced the "SAA" on the E and F columns with "AA"

I don't want to extend it beyond AA in case people will use the right side of the sheet for optimizing picks later on ... I often copy paste player ID's and BY's over there.

Comment

All done ... I replaced the "SAA" on the E and F columns with "AA"

I don't want to extend it beyond AA in case people will use the right side of the sheet for optimizing picks later on ... I often copy paste player ID's and BY's over there.
                            you rock.

Comment

• Well I made another pick I really didn't want to make, but after using 2 top picks on closers I wanted to make sure I was in the top 1/3 and Wagner was one of the few top guys left that would not hurt my ratios. What I do with the rest of my pitching staff? Who the hell knows.

Comment

• Almost 12 hours of silence...

Comment

Working...
                                X