*** VD 6 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
    I probably would have taken Valverde if you took Fisk.
    My spidey senses are telling me our player vaulations are close to each other...
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      I was trying to find a simple solution with one formula, but I'm not sure it's possible without getting much to complex for my limited excel knowledge.

I kind of like my final work around, so that KO'd players are listed as "drafted" (so that people who use this column to sort will not be effected), and a second column will show if they are KO's or regular picks.

This works perfectly fine... I know there was a sheet out there at some point that actually did a bunch of checks in that column though. I think it would mark off all the players you couldn't take and gave you different code for whatever reason you couldn't take them; be it Drafted or Letter or whatever else might be going on. I think this is great though. Just thought I'd mention it for your excel studies.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• how the hell do I post pictures anymore? I try wrapping them in img like I use to and I get a thumbnail. I use the Insert image button and get some three digit number wrapped in img and it always comes out too small to see. What am I doing wrong here?

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          how the hell do I post pictures anymore? I try wrapping them in img like I use to and I get a thumbnail. I use the Insert image button and get some three digit number wrapped in img and it always comes out too small to see. What am I doing wrong here?
          1. Click image icon
          2. Reclick "From URL"
          3. Copy/Paste link
          4. UNCHECK "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box (to prevent stupid thumbnail)

Comment

• I'll be away for the evening, but I'll have my phone to say in touch if it gets back to me anytime soon.

Comment

• Any word from Knuckleballs? This draft is crawling and he's not far from timing out.

Comment

• I told del I couldnt pick till I got home from work. I just got home and I am getting close.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnuckleBalls View Post
                  I told del I couldnt pick till I got home from work. I just got home and I am getting close.
                  Del = Hacko?

I think we need to take Mr Hacko aside and have words. Heyelander is the guy to sort this out, what with his scuba diving knowledge and camping experience.

Comment

Del = Hacko?

I think we need to take Mr Hacko aside and have words. Heyelander is the guy to sort this out, what with his scuba diving knowledge and camping experience.
                    Well you know Del got a promotion, right?

Heyelander can also give out a few demerit points and take away any valuable stamps you might own as punishment.

Comment

Del = Hacko?

lame right? Who gives a shit.

Comment

• Well I really wanted to pick Perry or Maddux last pick and get myself some pitching stats, but I just had a feeling that a catcher run was coming. My pitching may never get fixed, but at least a bit of a catcher run happened now with Harnett, Fisk and the Bench KO.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          lame right? Who gives a shit.
                          What the CV? Nah that is the crap people put in CV's, my friend used to put scuba diving also, and rock climbing ... to show is an active, busy, risk taker. I'm no CV expert, so I'm not the person to give advice. There are plenty of folk who've been through the mill ... I'm sure they'll see you right.

In my experience, it's getting your CV past the fucking human resource drones that is the big problem.

Comment

• With CV's I used to prefer to start with a short intro paragraph (couple of sentences) about how freakin' awesome I am, how ambitious I am, and how much you need a guy like me in your firm.

Comment

• Had 2 picks ready -- Bench and Ennis. Thanks guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                                Had 2 picks ready -- Bench and Ennis. Thanks guys!
                                Just avoid the frustration and don't think about your picks until they are due

Comment

Working...
                                X