Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heye Heye, what can we do?

Comment

• Heye, let's pick 2...or again. Frisch was KO'ed.

Comment

• Wayne is gone now, not looking good for any weekend movement.

Comment

• sorry... just went off the sheet. my bad.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• No waiting on ko mispicks. It's void ... Move on.

Comment

• KO's are no big deal ... losing a KO doesn't really matter as you have 8 rounds to complete them. No more delaying the draft for KO's.

New KO rule: The draft does not stop for KO mispicks. If the player who makes the mispick manages to correct the error before the next player is drafted, then it will be considered valid. If the next pick has been made, the KO will be voided. The time on the edit will determine the validity of the KO repick.

A ctrl-f on the History Thread will tell you if a player has been picked or KO'd. The second post on the History Thread details the KO's. As this is not 100% up-to-date all of the time, also do a crtl-f on the last page of the Draft Thread.

Comment

• RE: the ISNA MATCH formula to show which players have been Drafted on the hit_car / pit_seas sheets.

What we have now searches and matches 1 column on the "pick" page, and delivers "draft" (in blue) if the player has been selected:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(B524,pick!$C$2:$C$352,0)),0,"draft" )

I cannot find a way to search and match two different columns, and deliver either "draft" or "KO".

I need to add a second match to the formula (--> MATCH(B524,pick!$m$2:$m$352,0) <--). I have tried all manner of ways to add this to the formula. I cannot find help on google, and I'm not sure it can be done in a normal way.

---------------

My inelegant work-arounds would be to:

a) add the player IDs for the KO'd players below the drafted players on the "pick" sheet (see hit_seas for this example ... e.g. scroll down to Jennings or Frisch ... both are KO'd, but both show up as "draft"ed.

b) add a second column that will identify KO'd players (see hit_car sheet for this example ... e.g. scroll down to Jennings or Frisch)

and/or

c) add a second column as above, and then add a third columns that will combine the results of the two columns, then hide the other two columns. (see pit_car sheet for this example: 1=draft | 2=KO ... I would hide columns A&B obviously)

Obviously download the new version of the SS to see these results. I have a bunch of other inelegant work-arounds, which involve a lot of butchering of KS's organisation

---------

OPTION A would seem like the most efficient solution in the absence of a formula that solves the problem at source. But it will not differentiate Drafted from KO'd players as option B and C does.

The hit_car sheet has a combination of A and B ... maybe it's best to do this? (EDIT: I'm leaning towards this)
                Last edited by johnnya24; 03-24-2013, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  RE: the ISNA MATCH formula to show which players have been Drafted on the hit_car / pit_seas sheets.

What we have now searches and matches 1 column on the "pick" page, and delivers "draft" (in blue) if the player has been selected:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(B524,pick!$C$2:$C$352,0)),0,"draft" )

I cannot find a way to search and match two different columns, and deliver either "draft" or "KO".
                  I haven't looked at that part of the sheet, but the simplest hack to search two columns is to create a third column (or lookup) with the simple concatenation of them. If they're in different lookups, the simplest hack is to create a third lookup with both fields and the concatenation field.
                  people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                    I haven't looked at that part of the sheet, but the simplest hack to search two columns is to create a third column (or lookup) with the simple concatenation of them. If they're in different lookups, the simplest hack is to create a third lookup with both fields and the concatenation field.
                    I was trying to find a simple solution with one formula, but I'm not sure it's possible without getting much to complex for my limited excel knowledge.

I kind of like my final work around, so that KO'd players are listed as "drafted" (so that people who use this column to sort will not be effected), and a second column will show if they are KO's or regular picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      I was trying to find a simple solution with one formula, but I'm not sure it's possible without getting much to complex for my limited excel knowledge.

I kind of like my final work around, so that KO'd players are listed as "drafted" (so that people who use this column to sort will not be effected), and a second column will show if they are KO's or regular picks.

Your option A works just fine.

Comment

• Other things that take a ridiculously long time:

1.01 Tectonic Plate Movement and Mountain Building

Comment

• Arrived to the pick thread for the first time today 2 minutes after Frae's pick. Will have pick up in next 20....somethings.
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Knew if I waited long enough at least one half decent pitcher would fall to me

Comment

• I was debating between Fisk and Valverde for my pick, and upon looking at VD5 determined Fisk would fall to me. See...keeps screwing me.
                              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                                I was debating between Fisk and Valverde for my pick, and upon looking at VD5 determined Fisk would fall to me. See...keeps screwing me.
                                I probably would have taken Valverde if you took Fisk.
                                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Working...
                                X