No announcement yet.

*** VD 6 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a new draft position...Heye and Frae are killing me so far....
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Anyone know any good solutions to mild cramping calf muscles. It's not sore, it's just a constant presence that's keeping me awake. Just tried some co-codamol ... codeine and paracetamol mix.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Anyone know any good solutions to mild cramping calf muscles. It's not sore, it's just a constant presence that's keeping me awake. Just tried some co-codamol ... codeine and paracetamol mix.
        I'm no doctor, but I've always wanted to play one on the interwebs. I think proper hydration is important, so drink lots of fluids. Also, whenever the have a football game in Miami or Louisiana it seems like they always have some goofy sideline reporter explaining how the team doctore tells the players to drink pickle juice. I'd never try it but I thought I'd throw that out there.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Have you tried potassium? Eat bananas.
          ...and I'm hungry ... so what the hell, let's give that a shot.

Comment

Anyone know any good solutions to mild cramping calf muscles. It's not sore, it's just a constant presence that's keeping me awake. Just tried some co-codamol ... codeine and paracetamol mix.
            Try stretching out your calves before you go to bed. If that doesn't work, tomorrow pick an obvious 18th rounder with your next VD pick.
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

I will be out of my main work office for a week or so, I'm not sure if I'll have access to the web during the workday. I think I will, if not and I'm dragging things to a screeching halt, then feel free to skip me.
              Is this starting from now? Drafting next to me there is a higher % chance your pick will come up first thing in the morning or later in the evening ... much like today.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnny
                Is this starting from now? Drafting next to me there is a higher % chance your pick will come up first thing in the morning or later in the evening ... much like today.
                Attached Files
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Comment

• I could regret that Millie Willie pick ... seemed like too much value to pass up on.

Comment

Yeah, starting now. I'll probably have access at lunch so I shouldn't ever go toooooo long. Liked the Mays pick, he was my first choice, then I switched to Plank with another close #3
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I could regret that Millie Willie pick ... seemed like too much value to pass up on.
                        I had him as the highest valued hitter left, if it is any consolation. I regretted not taking him as soon as I hit enter on Hal.

Comment

• I had Mays and Plank as two of the best three available. Going back to my pick, I had Williams slightly behind ARod, King Kelly and Frank Robinson when I took him back in the third, but went Williams-Kelly-Robinson based on VD5.
                          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                            I had Mays and Plank as two of the best three available. Going back to my pick, I had Williams slightly behind ARod, King Kelly and Frank Robinson when I took him back in the third, but went Williams-Kelly-Robinson based on VD5.
                            I kind of didn't want to have the option, and quietly hoped that Feral would revert to his Bogarting ways and let me pick a pitcher ... but I had Mays maybe 15% better than the next available player. It's hard to turn your back on that kind of value. But I'm not delirious about it because he isn't the best fit for my team right now ... it's not like I'm lacking in hitting numbers with Lajoie, Yount, Anson and Speaker! It's a bit like overkill.

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                              I had Mays and Plank as two of the best three available. Going back to my pick, I had Williams slightly behind ARod, King Kelly and Frank Robinson when I took him back in the third, but went Williams-Kelly-Robinson based on VD5.
                              "Based on VD5" has cost me a few players I've wanted this draft.

Comment

• KO HEADS UP

Your optional KO's can start from the next round. I'm not sure how I'll add that to the spread sheet yet ... I may add 4 more slots to the end of the "Rounds" sheet. I'll figure it out at the weekend.

KO's start in the 6th and finish at the end of the 13th. You only have 4 KO's, so you have 8 rounds in which to use them. Also you cannot KO any QUIZ ENVY players.

Comment

Working...
                                X