*** VD 5 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Elgibility rules for IP/AB the same as last draft ?
    Same as usual ... all same rules apply ... will update that post.

Comment

• I'm going to need some time to make my pick -- work has been very busy today (yes, I know I just picked in Mock 1...it took me 30 seconds!).

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
        I'm going to need some time to make my pick -- work has been very busy today (yes, I know I just picked in Mock 1...it took me 30 seconds!).
        Be honest, you've been at an upscale shopping location looking for Mr. Boras all day, haven't you
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
          I have absolutely no idea where I'm at in this thing, how I'm doing, who's in the lead, or who I should pick.

Good times.
          Whoever I pick leaves me exposed in some area. Pretty sure this won't end well for me. I'm just hoping to watch everyone else crash and burn too. One huge fireball, with the winner crawling out barely alive
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            Everyone is in a bit of a hole no doubt ... despite that, how does everyone feel like they're doing?
            I feel I've done quite well in getting good players and not completely screwing myself with no one-scrubs to pick up at decent letters. I just don't think I've done enough thinking about a winning strategy, focusing on a surviving better than most strategy. All three times I've won in the past, I knew at this point of the draft I was either going to win or be very close to winning. I don't have that feeling...but mainly because I think one or two people have just done a better job.

I also remember when calculating values, I always seem to screw up with the pitching ratios, and I usually finish near the bottom in those categories. I need to figure out what I keep screwing up.
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Whoever I pick leaves me exposed in some area. Pretty sure this won't end well for me. I'm just hoping to watch everyone else crash and burn too. One huge fireball, with the winner crawling out barely alive
              It's comments like this that give me hope. I just need to hear this from certain drafters to really give me hope.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Updated a couple of players career stats: Jeter, Pujols

Comment

• I believe the John M Ward year should be 1890, not 1880. I wish it was 1880, that was not a good year for him.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I believe the John M Ward year should be 1890, not 1880. I wish it was 1880, that was not a good year for him.
                    Right about now is when you find out John M Ward was also a pitcher...
                    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                      Right about now is when you find out John M Ward was also a pitcher...
                      You'd think I'd remember since I drafted him as a pitcher last draft...
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Who ever wins it should get a T-shirt.

I survived decades, letters and Frae victory Party.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          I assumed it was a joke.
                          I mean, yeah, it was a a joke. Glad someone can keep up with me. Can't believe anyone thought I was serious.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I mean, yeah, it was a a joke. Glad someone can keep up with me. Can't believe anyone thought I was serious.
                            And he wins ???

:madbaseball:

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                              And he wins ???

:madbaseball:
                              Since my sarcasm sometimes doesn't come across the interwebs clearly (ask Frank), I was actually in a hurry this morning and got messed up on JM Ward. So I was serious, and seriously wrong.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                                Who ever wins it should get a T-shirt.

I survived decades, letters and Frae victory Party.
                                ...and the poisonous Dead Mice in Parachutes
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X