No announcement yet.

*** VD 5 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's interesting -- Feral burned both of his wildcard letters in the draft before last (or maybe the last?) and I thought he couldn't recover but he pulled it out. He's obviously calculated that others are overvaluing letter scarcity which is resulting in better value at the prime letters. Seems to have worked very well based on the last couple of drafts.

Comment

• I could probably have skip picked Terry and my next pick also ... I guess we'll be seeing a lot more of that in the coming rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
        It's interesting -- Feral burned both of his wildcard letters in the draft before last (or maybe the last?) and I thought he couldn't recover but he pulled it out. He's obviously calculated that others are overvaluing letter scarcity which is resulting in better value at the prime letters. Seems to have worked very well based on the last couple of drafts.
        That, or this time he's royally screwed.
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Since Heyelander is deliberately avoiding us ... I'll make a skip pick. I'll be away until late tonight.

EDIT: actually I won't bother. I'll have my phone with me, so I can pick on the move if need be. Heyelander has to turn up first!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
            most to least screwed:
            10 Heye

This is as of entering Round 14.
            Story of my life...
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Boom baby? Not sure that pair is worthy of that kind of proclamation....
              Exactly.....

Comment

• hmm... either Eddie Mathews of Jim McCormick will go undrafted this draft. Or maybe both.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  hmm... either Eddie Mathews of Jim McCormick will go undrafted this draft. Or maybe both.
                  Don't blame me...I took Willie Mays.

*pause to double check*

Yeah..I took Mays!
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    hmm... either Eddie Mathews of Jim McCormick will go undrafted this draft. Or maybe both.
                    Dave Magadan, too.

Comment

• Someone sent a PM to CJ, right ?
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        Someone sent a PM to CJ, right ?
                        indeed.

Comment

• It's pretty rare that I'm the drafter on deck and waiting for the drafter in front of me.

Comment

• apologies - the double-skip pick didn't register
                            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              fixed
                              I am really enjoying being blamed for all delays. You know I am a little bit Irish.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                                Eat a bag of dicks Chris

fixed.

Comment

Working...
                                X