*** VD 4 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Have no idea what I was arguing then, and no idea what you are referring to now
    I agree you have no idea ! I just stumbled upon an old quote where you apparently were arguing that the guys drafting 1st had a huge advantage. When this draft started we had a similar discussion, where you argued the opposite. But the formats were very different. Just thought it was funny.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      I agree you have no idea ! I just stumbled upon an old quote where you apparently were arguing that the guys drafting 1st had a huge advantage. When this draft started we had a similar discussion, where you argued the opposite. But the formats were very different. Just thought it was funny.
      The first 4 picks in a Last name draft (assuming...) are clearly better, but it does even out. I think if i was bitching about anything recently it was my 5th pick in the previous draft, when I didn't get a top 4 player, and then still got no return value (and then proceeded to screw up the next pick).

They were, it seems, both very specific and localized rants ... errr ... I mean arguments.

I stand by everything I said, without reservation

Comment

The first 4 picks in a Last name draft (assuming...) are clearly better, but it does even out. I think if i was bitching about anything recently it was my 5th pick in the previous draft, when I didn't get a top 4 player, and then still got no return value (and then proceeded to screw up the next pick).

They were, it seems, both very specific and localized rants ... errr ... I mean arguments.

I stand by everything I said, without reservation
        I don't think you were bitching about anything recently, not like you were in VD4 anyway
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I don't think you were bitching about anything recently, not like you were in VD4 anyway
          ... spent all last draft bitching about 5th pick and Pujols ... eventually got bored hearing myself.

Comment

... spent all last draft bitching about 5th pick and Pujols ... eventually got bored hearing myself.
            Maybe u should try talking in an American accent. A little variety migjt help
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Maybe u should try talking in an American accent. A little variety migjt help
              Some say I already sound KKona

Comment

• One of these days we need to do a live, fast vintage draft. San Diego in 2020!

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                  One of these days we need to do a live, fast vintage draft. San Diego in 2020!
                  im in. We could finally do an auction !
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

im in. We could finally do an auction !
                    Yea if we're live, gotta be auction
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• We could do it on Twitch ... would not be difficult ... some Sunday afternoon

Comment

• Arizona is great in the spring (training) or fall (AFL).
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

At some point johnny got a lot less legalistic and a lot more laid back... I think it coincided with breaking up with his last girlfriend.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            At some point johnny got a lot less legalistic and a lot more laid back... I think it coincided with breaking up with his last girlfriend.
                            LOL ... you might be right

Comment

• It feels like a closer run may be starting....extra dot just for Johhny. Extra h as well
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Gotta drive some kids around?, Should habe my pick in a an hour or so
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X