*** VD 4 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    So...if no one has started I might try to make a scoring spreasheet. Has anyone (Cough:Johnny:Cough) started yet ? If not, any hints on what I'll need to do ?
    Yeah ... started ... will finish it tomorrow. But you can always go ahead and make your own. It would actually be better to have 2 separate SS's in order to better spot inaccuracies. I'm just modding KS's SS again.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      Yeah ... started ... will finish it tomorrow. But you can always go ahead and make your own. It would actually be better to have 2 separate SS's in order to better spot inaccuracies. I'm just modding KS's SS again.
      So basically cutting and pasting and looking at how the old SS is setup and modifying as needed ?
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        So basically cutting and pasting and looking at how the old SS is setup and modifying as needed ?
        Yeah, but not VD3 ... choose one of VD1 or 2 ... I desecrated KS's SS to create a working VD3

Whichever one of VD1 or 2 was letters.

Comment

• Sorry guys. It's been a super hectic weekend and it isn't getting any better. Christmas/all of us are a little under the weather/errands.

I'm not familiar enough with the format to really make picks on the fly, but I'll make my pick now and send one off to Johnny and try to look ahead tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
            Sorry guys. It's been a super hectic weekend and it isn't getting any better. Christmas/all of us are a little under the weather/errands.

I'm not familiar enough with the format to really make picks on the fly, but I'll make my pick now and send one off to Johnny and try to look ahead tomorrow.
            No-one's really that familiar with this format. If you're making a pick on the fly, best not to try and be too cute. Just bomb it

Best not to PM me ... send your pick to ElD or Revo ... someone up the other end. As much as I'd like the info

Comment

• Oh I mean the VD format in general. All of this is new to me. It's fun, but a little overwhelming.

I have my short list so I should be around for to at least paste a pick, so I'll do that when it's time.

Comment

Yeah, but not VD3 ... choose one of VD1 or 2 ... I desecrated KS's SS to create a working VD3

Whichever one of VD1 or 2 was letters.
                I used VD1 spreadsheet, I thought I had it but it assigns the names to the wrong teams ! Any idea how that works ? That can be easily explained ?
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• VD4 Spreadsheet

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    Foster was one of the three. Down to one!
                    I was considering both Foster and Erstad last time around. Had them typed in I think, then folded like a little girl to the QUI pressure.

Comment

• I'm still modding the Spreadsheet with some bells and whistles. If you aren't desperate for a SS right now, give it a day or so before downloading ... or make sure to update. Want to try and add a usable sheet with all the teams on one page. That is how my own SS is, and I find that much easier to use than 11 separate team pages.

Comment

• Had non-HoE'r Sammy Sosa typed in a ready to go ... then changed my mind for about the 20th time already this draft.

Comment

Had non-HoE'r Sammy Sosa typed in a ready to go ... then changed my mind for about the 20th time already this draft.
                          Couldn't pass him up anymore. Seems like he's as valuable as Bonds in this format. The race for hr's is going to be really interesting.

Comment

• I added a new "Snapshot" page to the Spreadsheet. It has all the standings, Hitting and Pitching stats, and teams on one page.

Hope you can make some use of it.

If you have anything else you'd like in there, just let me know.
                            Last edited by johnnya24; 12-23-2012, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                              Couldn't pass him up anymore. Seems like he's as valuable as Bonds in this format. The race for hr's is going to be really interesting.
                              Very close ... I have Bonds marginally ahead. I got left behind a bit in HR last draft ... that's one of the reasons I almost picked Sosa, and was a big factor in my eventual pick of Foster.

Comment

I added a new "Snapshot" page to the Spreadsheet. It has all the standings, Hitting and Pitching stats, and teams on one page.

Hope you can make some use of it.

If you have anything else you'd like in there, just let me know.
                                Thanks man!

Comment

Working...
                                X