No announcement yet.

*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no need to get overly complicated all at once. I just think with the above combination it would allow people to go in all sorts of random directions.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
      So no one's going to comment on SDS taking Hippo Vaughn?
      I want Drew Stubbs to play for Stubby Clapp someday
      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        VD3 Decades : Additive scoring : KOs
        I like this...I can't remember the last time I did additive scoring, plus with no limitations on KOs, it will be quite different from VD2.

I proposed the triple whammy before but got no traction.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Did you intentionally get rid of my letters qualification in my quote?

I think if it were letters and decades there would still need to be a moratorium on QUIZY KOs but I think any decade should be available.

Comment

• hmm... trying to do conditional formatting on 40k vlookups seems to be a mistake.

Comment

• how do you paste in updates to players' numbers in the forum? or should I just tell you there's an update and you can get it from b-ref if you want it?
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                Did you intentionally get rid of my letters qualification in my quote?

I think if it were letters and decades there would still need to be a moratorium on QUIZY KOs but I think any decade should be available.
                I did because I think it would be too much. Either do a combo or KOs, not both, is what I meant. I didn't participate last time but apparently the additive scoring was a runaway so maybe sticking with multiplicative is a better plan. Although I guess we should see how close this one turns out to be.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

• I'd rather dump KOs then... but I thought they might be fun in an additive thing where you could submarine players that didn't fit your strategy. I am finding the KOs to be tedious as well though.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                    how do you paste in updates to players' numbers in the forum? or should I just tell you there's an update and you can get it from b-ref if you want it?
                    If you type out the line of data into your spreadsheet
                    Copy it (just the data cells, not the whole row)
                    Paste it into a message here
                    enter [ Code ] (without the spaces) before it
                    enter [/ Code ] after it.

Comment

• oh, and I know I'm up. I'm looking at stuff.

Comment

• KO Luis Gonzalez

... every one of the last 3 rounds I've almost KO'd him.

Comment

• pit_car:
                          Code:
                          0	tayloja02	Taylor	Jack	1898	1907	Deadball	2626.0	2504	774	584	662	152	311	5	2.65	1.176	139	0	1	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	0
                          pit_seas:
                          Code:
                          0	tayloja02_1902	tayloja02	Taylor	Jack	1902	333.7	273	48	45	88	23	37	1	1.29	0.953	11	1900
                          apparently he threw one more game in 1902, 9 IP 2 H 2 BB 5 SO 0 ER and a no decision. that must have been depressing.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• I think I much prefer additive scoring. Multiplicative isn't as much fun for strategy in building teams, and seems more about getting some sort of a balance, at least partially.
                            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                              I think I much prefer additive scoring. Multiplicative isn't as much fun for strategy in building teams, and seems more about getting some sort of a balance, at least partially.
                              I think it makes things more competitive since we're all competing for the same pool of players.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• The next 3 picks after Hacko are all online. Come on, Hacko!

Comment

Working...
                                X