*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
    This draft seemed like it started OK for me but as it went on it got progressively worse. I think a lack of time to pay attention, organize tiers in the decades or come up with any sort of player rankings based on stats really hurt.
    At one point I had you battling ElD and Feral for 4th (SDS has since joined that fight). Around the time you picked Yount and Latham I thought you had to be in with a shout of competing to win. I was looking at Yount for my next pick then. Your team was really strong looking at that point, and well balanced.

Ruth > Pujols > Duffy > York > Yount > Latham ... that is loaded.

Comment

• I feel like I'll Have Another chasing down Bodemeister......every pick ticks another 0.3 or 0.4 pts my way......right now, I have myself down to Johnny by 0.5 pts.

Keep it up boys!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        I feel like I'll Have Another chasing down Bodemeister......every pick ticks another 0.3 or 0.4 pts my way......right now, I have myself down to Johnny by 0.5 pts.

Keep it up boys!
        Have you won a VD before, Ed?
        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

I feel like I'll Have Another chasing down Bodemeister......every pick ticks another 0.3 or 0.4 pts my way......right now, I have myself down to Johnny by 0.5 pts.

Keep it up boys!
          You're the sponge

You've sucked up 10 points on me already. I thought Controller was going to be favorite for second. But in the last 10-15 picks we haven't budged. I don't know what you do for a living, but you need to be a banker. You're taking a cut out everyone's picks. The Revo tax

Comment

• Just traded a $6 Giancarlo for Adrian Gonzalez, Billy Butler and Nate Reimold. If Reimold recovers from his injury I could myself have a pretty good team.
            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Goddamnit. I think my offer was better, but it looks like Andy is chasing the premium keepers. I offered Goldschmidt $3, Dom Brown $1, and someone else (maybe Seagar $5?) for Gonz and Butler and Quentin.
              He made a different offer first that I wasn't at all interested in, then quickly cranked it way up with that deal. I'll miss Stanton though, I have a lot of expiring contracts. I'm "all in" this year.
              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• I have not. I think I finished 2nd once and 3rd a couple of times, but never closed one out.

Comment

• I thought that was a great deal for both of you. It's refreshing to see a dump deal you don't want to pull your hair out to.

Comment

I thought that was a great deal for both of you. It's refreshing to see a dump deal you don't want to pull your hair out to.
                    I will probably be moving Halladay and King Felix pretty soon... Berkman, Beltran, Napoli, Crisp would probably be the hitters to go.
                    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

I sent a PM to mjl and Heyelander. Mjl was just on, checking out the Wonderboy 4 HR thread, so hopefully he's just in invisible-because-he's-picking-right-now mode.
                      I've been checking in all night to see how this ends, if I was in the running I'd be glued to the computer. Do most of the drafts end up going down to the last round/last picks ?
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• funny part is I was searching for a 1890/1920/1930 pitcher for a long while, and decided it would be best to select it last. Nothing was working better than Lon Warneke 1932....until I decided to check Warneke's other years, just moments from posting the pick (I already had Warneke 1932 typed in). Lo and behold, his 1933 gave me another 1.5 pts. Hallelujah!

Comment

I'm not sure about most, but there have been more than a couple that came down to the last round and a couple I can remember that came down to the very last pick. In a rather infamous VD, Johnny picked some pitcher (whose name I can't remember) that was the wrong one and lost to Pogues by a tiny margin.
                          I can't remember that at all.....

*CACKLE*
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I'm not sure about most, but there have been more than a couple that came down to the last round and a couple I can remember that came down to the very last pick. In a rather infamous VD, Johnny picked some pitcher (whose name I can't remember) that was the wrong one and lost to Pogues by a tiny margin.
                            Half right ... I picked Farrell instead of Fisher, and I intended to pick Fisher all along. But it wasn't in the last round, it was the beginning of the penultimate round. So there were more than 30 picks to come ... "it were my projections what did it" ... and assumption (I really didn't think it would matter)

It wouldn't have mattered ... except that it was Pogues who eventually won. Anyone but Pogues!

Comment

• and we've ground to a halt.....

Comment

I sent a PM to mjl and Heyelander. Mjl was just on, checking out the Wonderboy 4 HR thread, so hopefully he's just in invisible-because-he's-picking-right-now mode.
                                Originally posted by eldiablo505
                                Guess not.
                                Must have a thing for HRs...reading the "When will Pujols hit a HR" thread

Sent him a PM as well...

Comment

Working...
                                X