Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
    I am here.
    Just realized that my last pick, Parrish was not a catcher. Great move on my part - lost a great decade hitter who wasn't a C - waste waste. I'll throw 2 picks up shortly as I already screwed this all up.
    I had a little trouble optimizing your team... but I never even noticed the Larry / Lance thing ...

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      I had a little trouble optimizing your team... but I never even noticed the Larry / Lance thing ...
      a VERY stupid waste of my 70s. I am just going to find some catcher and some other hitter and plug them in - about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Check this out ... I nearly jumped out of my seat when that flew in. Amazing technique. Cisse must be the best mid season buy ever.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

... sucky commentary though ... really needed a Gary Neville goalgasm to properly call it

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

EDIT:

This is better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llLqK...eature=related

LOL I think the analyst called him a prostitute at the end ... not very polite.

Comment

• this sucks

Comment

a VERY stupid waste of my 70s. I am just going to find some catcher and some other hitter and plug them in - about 10 minutes.
            70's kinda sucks anyway. KO's have taken heavy toll on that decade. I have pretty much a free pick, and the cupboard is bare. Lot's of samey middle-of-the-road crap ... you normally expect a top class hitter from the 70's.

Comment

I am here.
              Just realized that my last pick, Parrish was not a catcher. Great move on my part - lost a great decade hitter who wasn't a C - waste waste. I'll throw 2 picks up shortly as I already screwed this all up.
              Did you mean to take Lance Parrish with that pick? I know it's been a round, but I wouldn't have a problem if you meant to take Lance there instead of Larry.

Comment

this sucks
                I plugged all my 70's options in place of Larry Parrish ... I could only find you an extra 3/4 points. Maybe a 70's catcher could have found you a few more (maybe 4/5 instead of 3/4). IOW ... it's not that big of an error surprisingly. By this stage the die is pretty must cast in a multi draft.
                Last edited by johnnya24; 05-02-2012, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Did you mean to take Lance Parrish with that pick? I know it's been a round, but I wouldn't have a problem if you meant to take Lance there instead of Larry.
                  With 1 other player needing a 70's catcher (mjl), and skipping him last time around because he assumed he was the only one who could take a 70's catcher, I don't think that would be right.

... what a poor sentence.

Comment

I did mean Lance Parrish ... 1979. Might be a worse set of options but this was my intention

Comment

I am here.
                      I'm thoroughly confused...I just went back and checked the draft thread and you drafted Lance Parrish, the catcher.

I have had him in my spreadsheet this whole time as Lance.
                      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• I am, an idiot. My spreadsheet was wrong, not my pick post.
                        Thanks Pogues.

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                        I'm thoroughly confused...I just went back and checked the draft thread and you drafted Lance Parrish, the catcher.

I have had him in my spreadsheet this whole time as Lance.

Comment

• You're welcome. Now stop stressing out and make a pick that hurts everyone but me.
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I am, an idiot. My spreadsheet was wrong, not my pick post.
                            Thanks Pogues.
                            So you posted Lance Parrish 1979 in the draft thread?

I must have made the same manual error imputing parrila0X as well. Honestly, I've never even heard of Larry Parrish before now.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              So you posted Lance Parrish 1979 in the draft thread?

I must have made the same manual error imputing parrila0X as well. Honestly, I've never even heard of Larry Parrish before now.
                              Yeah, he did post Lance Parrish in the draft thread. You put Larry Parrish in the History thread.

Larry Parrish was an all-star caliber hitter also in the AL around that time.

Comment

Yeah, he did post Lance Parrish in the draft thread. You put Larry Parrish in the History thread.

Larry Parrish was an all-star caliber hitter also in the AL around that time.
                                ... with almost identical stats to Lance.

I copy pasted that from my SS ... fixed.

Comment

Working...
                                X