No announcement yet.

*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heyelander alter ego? He's not near as cool as I am.

No, this is the real Pogues, in the computerized flesh...2 time VD champion. Or is it 3? I can't remember! When is the "restart"? I have to think if I have the time to commit to coming on and making picks so I don't get yelled at by ElDiablo.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
      Heyelander alter ego? He's not near as cool as I am.

No, this is the real Pogues, in the computerized flesh...2 time VD champion. Or is it 3? I can't remember! When is the "restart"? I have to think if I have the time to commit to coming on and making picks so I don't get yelled at by ElDiablo.
      One of those rightly belongs to me ... I still have nightmares about not picking Eddie Fisher (as was the plan all along) and donking a win to you ... Pogues of all people! ARGGH!

I don't mind waiting a bit to get an old face back into the fray ... and the weekend is upon us. Monday seems like a good time to restart.

I wouldn't worry too much about not picking instantly ... people are a bit more chilled about that these days, even Eldiablo. ElDiablo is a reformed character since his world tour ... he goes to yoga, is taking origami classes and has abandoned Heavy Metal in favor of world music. Strange times in the pen.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        One of those rightly belongs to me ... I still have nightmares about not picking Eddie Fisher (as was the plan all along) and donking a win to you ... Pogues of all people! ARGGH!

I don't mind waiting a bit to get an old face back into the fray ... and the weekend is upon us. Monday seems like a good time to restart.

I wouldn't worry too much about not picking instantly ... people are a bit more chilled about that these days, even Eldiablo. ElDiablo is a reformed character since his world tour ... he goes to yoga, is taking origami classes and has abandoned Heavy Metal in favor of world music. Strange times in the pen.
        And he got married! Whodathunkit??

Welcome back, Bri... er, uh, I mean Brian!!

I sent a text to your Pogueism follower, Seitzer, who has been lost without you...
        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Can I get this thing rolling again? I'm stoked to take a 3rd different 1st overall pick in this single draft.

Comment

if pogues joins, we just need 1 more person and we can use last drafts spreadsheet!
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Riff Raff View Post
              Can I get this thing rolling again? I'm stoked to take a 3rd different 1st overall pick in this single draft.
              Waiting just for Pogues to decide if he wants in. Long John has been slotted in at 7. If Pogues joins up we can drop him in after LJ (as long as no one objects).

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                If I get a vote, I vote for #2.

If you start over, I might have to consider jumping in now that I'm back from my trip.
                You went to Belgium, right ? How was the Beer ? Any recommendations ? I had a Unibrou "La Fin du Monde" last night, not bad.
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                ---------------------------------------------
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Someone send me this magical spreadsheet you're all talking about. pogues at gmail doooooot com. I'll decide after looking at that. This sounds scary.
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Someone send me this magical spreadsheet you're all talking about. pogues at gmail doooooot com. I'll decide after looking at that. This sounds scary.
                    sent...
                    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Screw it...what the hell. I'll suck at it. I'll probably even lose to Heyelander. But I'll play.

Comment

Screw it...what the hell. I'll suck at it. I'll probably even lose to Heyelander. But I'll play.
                        What was the last draft you did?

Did you do a draft with multiplicative scoring? I remember you had a penchent for punting.

Comment

I believe multiplicative scoring was one of the reasons I stopped playing. I played something in the early to mid teens...in fact I think most of this draft's rules were why I stopped playing. It became too complex.

Comment

Is there a sheet updated for 2011? The sheet SDS kindly sent me is for 2010.

Comment

I believe multiplicative scoring was one of the reasons I stopped playing. I played something in the early to mid teens...in fact I think most of this draft's rules were why I stopped playing. It became too complex.
                              I would say multi scoring is probably easier, with much less variability.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                You went to Belgium, right ? How was the Beer ? Any recommendations ? I had a Unibrou "La Fin du Monde" last night, not bad.
                                Yeah, Belgium was awesome. Had a great time. The beer was very good, but I've had a lot of it already. The best of it is already being exported to the US. The rest of it is not worth exporting - just like any other country.

What's very different about Belgium is the food, the pace of life and, most importantly, the coffee. Which reminds me: I need to go put some breakfast in me so I can function today. Tons to do and I have to figure out this whole decades nonsense.

When do we have the 1973 Vintage Draft? I only want to draft players from 1973.
                                "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                                "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Working...
                                X