No announcement yet.

*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like the Sam Rice pick. I was looking at him 2 rounds ago when I took Gwynn. Obviously I would have taken a year in the 20s, but didn't. I might have grabbed him this pick if he was still available.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• That's exactly why I took him. There were too many players after me that could pick a 1910, 1920 or 1930 player and I couldn't afford to miss out on his career stats.
      "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Albuquerque needs more culinary variety. Wanting some sort of ethnic food but everything's closed or really far away.

#firstworldproblems
        There are good and bad things about living in mega cities ... this is definitely one of the good things. Whatever you want whenever you want it.

Comment

• So i am sure everyone really cares, but despite the ERA and WHIP of 83 I felt I really needed the BY save total of 84.

Comment

• So...El Diablo now has the Clapp....
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
              So...El Diablo now has the Clapp....
              Clapp is the new Quirk.

Comment

• Heyelander are this drafts heroes.

Comment

• Steering clear of the Mad Men thread ... decided to watch it in 4/5 episode bursts. I think it's the kind of show that works better that way.

Is this series any good?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    Steering clear of the Mad Men thread ... decided to watch it in 4/5 episode bursts. I think it's the kind of show that works better that way.

Is this series any good?
                    It's very good, but it's a drama, not a thriller. I think you'd either love it or dislike it from the get-go. It's spot-on about the era it takes place in: Season 1 starts in 1959 and currently it's 1966.

Comment

Steering clear of the Mad Men thread ... decided to watch it in 4/5 episode bursts. I think it's the kind of show that works better that way.

Is this series any good?
                      It's excellent, albeit overrated (i.e., it hasn't been the best show every year as it's being treated).
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        It's very good, but it's a drama, not a thriller. I think you'd either love it or dislike it from the get-go. It's spot-on about the era it takes place in: Season 1 starts in 1959 and currently it's 1966.
                        I'm up to date as of episode one of this series. When I get a spare hour to watch something, I don't really look forward to watching Mad Men because it can often be quite slow. It works better as a box set or in batches IMO. Plus, you notice the brilliant period detail more.

Comment

I'm up to date as of episode one of this series. When I get a spare hour to watch something, I don't really look forward to watching Mad Men because it can often be quite slow. It works better as a box set or in batches IMO. Plus, you notice the brilliant period detail more.
                          Ah, ok...I didn't realize you were talking about just this season. I think it's shaping up to be one of the best yet but yes I can see the benefit of watching it in larger chunks but I'm to impatient and Sunday night is TV night (along with GoT and The Killing, which I swore off after that awful conclusion last year but season 2 has been a lot better).
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            It's excellent, albeit overrated (i.e., it hasn't been the best show every year as it's being treated).
                            Yeah I would agree with that. But it fits the mould for awards shows much better than more edgy series. Scorcese never won an Oscar during his golden period, and it seem Tarantino won't either. Some shows / movies just fit the mould better when it comes to awards.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              Ah, ok...I didn't realize you were talking about just this season. I think it's shaping up to be one of the best yet but yes I can see the benefit of watching it in larger chunks but I'm to impatient and Sunday night is TV night (along with GoT and The Killing, which I swore off after that awful conclusion last year but season 2 has been a lot better).
                              I'm storing up The Killing to watch all at once also. Just started watching The Bridge ... the latest Scandi crime series that the Guardianista's are fawning over ... looks interesting ... plus Scandinavian women are always worth watching.

Comment

• Something blew up at work rhis morning. Fixing it now. Pick up irishly.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X