*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    LJ forgot the number 1 rule... don't get drunk on your own gunk.
    I haven't been drinking today... yet.
    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• spreadsheet is current through mjl's pick.
      "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• sorry, was busying buying a ticket to a pirates game... woot! Let me go see about picks.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• CJ: also clear out your PMs.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• el d apparently wasn't thinking when he sent it to me, as I could have easily punked him on that one. But I'd made up my mind on Abreu
            Opportunities like that don't come along often

Comment

• I'd originally posted Wilbur Cooper until I realized he'd just been taken. I have no idea if Wilson is a good pick here, but the picks of Wills, Gwynn, and KO of Evans sort of forced my hand. The 80's are drying up and steals are getting very hard to come by.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                Sh!t. Thanks for not picking my guy. Brain fart.
                I think I've done that at least once before. I figured Lowe would be gone pretty quickly, he was almost my pick the last couple rounds.
                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                  I think I've done that at least once before. I figured Lowe would be gone pretty quickly, he was almost my pick the last couple rounds.
                  He was almost my KO a few times ... the reason I didn't pop him was because my MI roster was empty, and I didn't want to weaken the MI pool anymore. This is what makes KO's difficult to read ... KO's can come back to hurt you in indirect ways.

Comment

• For some reason I feel like I've Pihhed away this draft more than usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      For some reason I feel like I've Pihhed away this draft more than usual.
                      When picks are accompanied by "gah ... whatever" you give off that impression

... then again ...you have a pretty decent looking team, so you're doing something right. I like your pitching.

Comment

• One of the consultants here just told someone he was "going to fire back an email." I guess this is why I don't get ahead in the world, I can't make such mundane tasks sound so energetic and proactive.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          When picks are accompanied by "gah ... whatever" you give off that impression

... then again ...you have a pretty decent looking team, so you're doing something right. I like your pitching.
                          I think my "gah, whatever" was more for my KOs. The KO black out decades make doing a draft based on decade scarcity a mistake. All the decades I have left are the decades I can KO people from. Then I look at the few good decades or positions I've taken to see who needs players in them and I find that it's a lot of Garp, Hacko, MJL etc and I think, why kick people when they are down (no offense you all). I ended up going with some 60s-70s pitchers and trying to kill SOs (which is pretty weak at this point for those decades) in hopes of getting out of last in Ks at some point. But I really didn't think it was a strong strategy. So, Gah, whatever.

Comment

I think my "gah, whatever" was more for my KOs. The KO black out decades make doing a draft based on decade scarcity a mistake. All the decades I have left are the decades I can KO people from.
                            I suppose it would have been better to fill some of those decades earlier

You don't blame the meat when the cook burns it

... but I see your point ... that was what I was thinking after I KO'd BJ Surhoff. When I looked into it a bit more, that KO only targeted people I didn't really mean to target.

Comment

One of the consultants here just told someone he was "going to fire back an email." I guess this is why I don't get ahead in the world, I can't make such mundane tasks sound so energetic and proactive.
                              Maybe you should leverage your synergies...or shift your paradigm
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                Maybe you should leverage your synergies...or shift your paradigm
                                that might do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X