*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
    A guilty verdict will take forever. If he wants out, he needs to start some not-so-subtle winking at the defendant, maybe the occasional thumbs-up.
    Just got back. I'm in the juror selection process for an auto accident case -- oh wait, they told me not to say anything to anyone!

I have to also go back tomorrow, and if selected, the trial should last about a week.

The juror room, as well as the courtroom, were hot as hell, and the court is in an area where parking is scarce so the lots run anywhere from $12 to $21. And you have to go buy lunch, and the only non-Filipino restaurant around was Mickey D's. And oh yeah, they give you all of $5 a day for your troubles.

Pick up in a bit.

Comment

• I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Just got back. I'm in the juror selection process for an auto accident case -- oh wait, they told me not to say anything to anyone!

I have to also go back tomorrow, and if selected, the trial should last about a week.

The juror room, as well as the courtroom, were hot as hell, and the court is in an area where parking is scarce so the lots run anywhere from $12 to $21. And you have to go buy lunch, and the only non-Filipino restaurant around was Mickey D's. And oh yeah, they give you all of $5 a day for your troubles.

Pick up in a bit.
        I can't believe they don't give you a parking pass.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          Yea, they validate our's, but it's only $5/day here.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Grab some lumpia at a filipino place. It is basically an egg roll and one of the few foods I have picked up from my wifes family that I like a lot.

Comment

A wink's as good as a nod ... where should I link this page?

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                They will give you a street parking permit if you request, but the problem is there is very little street parking available that isn't metered.

Comment

Pick up in a bit.
                  Damn... in Maine, they pay for your parking and give you $20 per diem
                  I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                  You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                  "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                  It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• spreadsheet is updated through my 17th round pick.
                    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• Three cheers for Jamie Moyer, for winning a game last night, and more importantly breaking the record held by VD favorite Jack Quinn for oldest pitcher to ever win a game.
                      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Gwynn was a nice pick ... thought about KOing him ages ago (along with some 80's pick or another) ... then thought about picking him when he lasted so long. In the end, position necessity and a lack of KO's determined my actions and left Gwynn hanging.

Comment

• There was just too much value with Gwynn I couldn't ignore him anymore...and the boost he gave me was shocking. He gave me a near 30 point boost in points, where most of my recent picks have barely hit 10.
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• KO's remaining (according to my sheets):

Feral 1
                            Hacko 1
                            MJL 1
                            Heye 3

Comment

• Sent a PM to Garp to let him know I posted for frae....
                              I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                              You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                              "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                              It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                KO's remaining (according to my sheets):

Feral 1
                                Hacko 1
                                MJL 1
                                Heye 3
                                this has to help my flexi-rating, right?
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X