*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjl View Post
    that may be a record for the earliest feeling-****ed I've ever had in a draft. Seriously heye? Two shortstops? You couldn't leave one for me?

At least I hadn't completely decided between them and Mo.
    HA!!!

(sorry, I really wasn't 3 exclamation points excited about it... but the board requires messages be at least 5 characters long)
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I'm kind of glad I skipped this VD. The commentary is much funnier when you're not stressing over your next pick. And just to throw something random in for everyone:

"Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
      "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

And one more for the coders:

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          trying to get the wifey to send me an old spreadsheet with rankings. She can't figure out how to zip a file so it's taking just a bit.
          what does that say about a wife that doesn't know how to work a zipper???

SENT MY PICK TO GARP
          Last edited by hacko; 03-13-2012, 09:53 PM.

Comment

I have a question on the rules and sent a message to Johnny. I'll pick once I clarify...

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
              I have a question on the rules and sent a message to Johnny. I'll pick once I clarify...
              Yeah ... we added the 2010's as a hitting decade and did not add an extra UTIL slot. As the drat has already started, we cannot change that now. So you are right with how this effects the value of 1870 hitters

No-one has picked an 1870 hitter yet, so good spot. I had missed that.

ONLY 14 HITTING SLOTS AND 15 ELIGIBLE HITTING DECADES ... in case anyone is looking at 1870's hitters.

We should have added an extra hitter and an extra pitcher slot.

Comment

I was assuming it was the same as the last decades draft, which had 27 rounds. Is it too late to change? I guess it's my fault for not looking before, but I really don't think I would've taken Cy Young as early as I did.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                  I was assuming it was the same as the last decades draft, which had 27 rounds. Is it too late to change? I guess it's my fault for not looking before, but I really don't think I would've taken Cy Young as early as I did.
                  No ... great spot. I didn't have the VD23 draft sheet before the draft started, and because no-one is actually debating the drafts anymore, these things are slipping by. Same thing happened at the last draft with the 17000 IP limit. Previously we had 4/5+ people discussing the set up of the drafts, now everyone is leaving it up to me.

We can't change now because some drafter may have skipped an 1870's hitter for that reason ... and those to follow will now will get the advantage of maybe picking them up late.

Cy Young is not really effected that much in terms of value. He and Rivera are miles ahead of the rest in terms of value. This would have been an issue if someone picked an 1870 hitter though, as there is quite a step down to that decade.

I admit that I was locked into thinking about the pitching, and just assumed that we absorbed the extra pitchers into the QUIZY pitching decades. I never even thought about the hitting side of things.

Comment

I think this is serious enough that we need to hold the draft and have a poll.

It's early enough that we can:

1. Start again with the 2 added slots (extra UTIL and extra P)
                    2. Wind the draft back to 1.09 and keep the current rules (giving Garp, Hacko and Heyelander a chance to reconsider their 2010 picks).
                    3. Press on ...

I personally think we should think about starting again with the 2 extra slots added. This is a much bigger oversight than the IP limit.

Did anyone notice and not say anything? I was wondering why no-one was jumping on the 1870's hitters early ... there's usually at least one that goes in the first.

Comment

I didn't notice until I happened to look at the rules before this pick when I was about to take O'Rourke. I think we should just start over with the 2 added slots.

Comment

If I get a vote, I vote for #2.

If you start over, I might have to consider jumping in now that I'm back from my trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
                          If I get a vote, I vote for #2.

If you start over, I might have to consider jumping in now that I'm back from my trip.
                          More the merrier

Comment

This was pretty funny. Apparently Starbucks are introducing the US policy of ask customers their names, so the staff can address them more politely etc. Starbucks annouced:

=Have you noticed how everything seems a little impersonal nowadays? We've all become user names, reference numbers and IP addresses.

From now on, we won't refer to you as a 'latte' or a 'mocha', but instead as your folks intended: by your name.
                            In the discussion board for this article, one poster wrote:

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius; father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife; and I will have my skinny latte with an extra shot, in this life or the next!"

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              No ... great spot. I didn't have the VD23 draft sheet before the draft started, and because no-one is actually debating the drafts anymore, these things are slipping by. Same thing happened at the last draft with the 17000 IP limit. Previously we had 4/5+ people discussing the set up of the drafts, now everyone is leaving it up to me.
                              Big mistake there. As soon as you let Johnny start make decisions for the group, you'll end up with godless heathens everywhere.
                              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                                Big mistake there. As soon as you let Johnny start make decisions for the group, you'll end up with godless heathens everywhere.
                                I see dead people ... is this the real Pogues or one of Heyelander's many alter egos?

BTW this is all Revo's fault. He admitted it

You up for a bit of VDing? We're starting anew?

Comment

Working...
                                X