*!* VD 2 Commentary Thread *!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
    I shoulda grabbed Joe D on the turn instead of that stiff, Delahanty... It was a coin flip. Had I known heye was ganna take him, I DEFINITELY would have taken Mr. Coffee :mad:
    I am having difficulty valuing hitters from the 1900's (and a couple of other decades) because I have no clue how KO's will impact things. At the very least it's a decent pick ... he's certainly not a stiff. I was debating him in certain scenarios ... but I dropped the idea because I wasn't sure on the value.

Comment

• :talkhand:

Right, because I'm going to take your valuations over Seadog's. whatever.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        :talkhand:

Right, because I'm going to take your valuations over Seadog's. whatever.
        I would totally swap draft slots that's for sure ... I only picked 1.04 because we were in a 13 person draft. And adding LJ and Pogues inbetween my picks can't help.

Comment

• I actually almost picked Joe D over Deacon White solely because I wanted to have the all-Yankee lineup (Gehrig, Mantle, Joe D). Then I realized how awful the depths were for the 1870s and went for White.
          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

• You know, Once you go white... umm... ummm... I got nuthin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Is anyone doing a spreadsheet? I have no idea where I'm at or where anyone else is at. Reminds me of every Friday night at the bar.
              It reminds me a lot of going out in college pre cell phone dominance. I would plan to meet people somewhere and then the night would blindly (and drunkenly) take me somewhere. You couldn't just call other people to find out where they were, you actually had to go look at other bars or talk to people in person. Good and bad would happen, but it would be fun. Without the SS this is flying very blind like those nights.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                It reminds me a lot of going out in college pre cell phone dominance. I would plan to meet people somewhere and then the night would blindly (and drunkenly) take me somewhere. You couldn't just call other people to find out where they were, you actually had to go look at other bars or talk to people in person. Good and bad would happen, but it would be fun. Without the SS this is flying very blind like those nights.
                It's certainly not effecting anyone's picks ... that's for damn sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  It's certainly not effecting anyone's picks ... that's for damn sure.
                  I really have no idea, but it is still fun.

Comment

It's not affecting them, either.

My friend at school (who teaches English) uses this as his fantasy football team name.

Comment

It's not affecting them, either.
                      Thank you for correcting my grammar. It is always appreciated.

Comment

Try being the video teacher who is an assigned member of the English Department. When I write emails to the department they are all simple structured sentences that only require the use one punctuation mark, a period.

Comment

just trying to be helpful. we know you are a foreigner and English is probably a second language.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            just trying to be helpful. we know you are a foreigner and English is probably a second language.
                            I didn't know foreigners had rights ... you must be one of those reformer types.

Comment

• Was at lunch...give me a few to figure out my pick.

Comment

• Just realized the sheet I have going only runs to 23 rounds. No way am I going to be able to fix that.
                                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X