• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    +1

You.found 8 hitters ?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
      I have found 7 more hitters who would be Normal instead of Contemporary now and might be drafted (none of them might be drafted, too, nobody obvious). Can we temporarily waive the no name-dropping rule to list them so everyone is on the same page?
      I was going to do this earlier then balked.

I think it's going to be OK ... but i'd like to get a consensus on that first. I'm not as confident as you that none of these guys will be drafted BTW, which is why I balked.

Edit: but if we are going to post the names we should do it now.

YES or NO to posting the names?

Yes = 3 (JA, CB, Heye)
      No = ?

Edit2: there are 12 hitters on the SS, not 7 BTW

Comment

• I'm back and assume i can make my pick when I figure out what the hell is happening.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Post the names ! Post the names ! Post the names !
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post

I think it's going to be OK ... but i'd like to get a consensus on that first. I'm not as confident as you that none of these guys will be drafted BTW, which is why I balked.

Yes = 3 (JA, CB, Heye)
            No = ?

Yes = 4 (JA, CB, Heye, Feral)
            No = 0

Comment

• My logical vote would be no because I think we can all figure it out if we care enough about the players involved, but I'm not going to do it because that will lead to a poll. So, sure go for it.

Comment

• SPREADSHEET

"Contemporary" hitters changed to "Normal"

Code:
                cabreme01	Cabrera	Melky
                canoro01	Cano	Robinson
                choosh01	Choo	Shin-Soo
                cruzne02	Cruz	Nelson
                encared01	Encarnacion	Edwin
                fieldpr01	Fielder	Prince
                hillaa01	Hill	Aaron
                iguchta01	Iguchi	Tadahito
                mclouna01	McLouth	Nate
                quintom01	Quintanilla	Omar
                ramirha01	Ramirez	Hanley
                zimmery01	Zimmerman	Ryan

Comment

• odd to me that Aaron Hill "made" the spreadsheet but Brian McCann didn't.

Comment

• That includes all of my list---I just filtered out the undraftables like Aaron Hill, lol--and obviously the two we already knew about. And Melky, because I hate him.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post

Yes = 3 (JA, CB, Heye)
                      No = ?

I just said none might--I don't think any were last time. But yeah, these rules are different, and there are a few that might this time.

Comment

• My pick came down to Torre and Keeler, but decided to hold off on using up another good franchise.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          My pick came down to Torre and Keeler, but decided to hold off on using up another good franchise.
                          Oh sure, now franchises are so important!
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

My pick came down to Torre and Keeler, but decided to hold off on using up another good franchise.
                            Keeler was just sitting out there forever. Can't believe he lasted so long after Kelly went; they are very similar and same letter and franchise. Great value.

Comment

And I think you made the right call for another reason--only 26 catchers will be drafted. 12 already have, including Jamie Quirk. There should be fine ones left later---if you plan it out to have the right letters and franchises left to draft them. (Memo to self, do a catchers prep thing.)

Comment

• I stare at these picks each round and every pick I make feels like it is boxing me in more and more. Blah.

Comment

Working...
                                X