*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    I mean since no one else has picked and Jake already received the benefit of Zimmermann, we could classify EE as "contemporary" and let Jake repick if necessary.
    Mookie picked already.

The choices I presented earlier bring all the other players into line with these picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      It’s really weird that modern players who played in the league’s highest HR total years ever aren’t considered contemporary.
      There are also a few predominantly 1980's players who fall into the "contemporary" category by finishing their careers around 1999.

One in particular always grated me a little, especially since the rule is to account for juicers (and their inflated stats).

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        While we're in full clusterfuck recovery mode - there is an "unnamed" player whose second name and b-r.com reference code do not correspond. His B-R.com code reflects his original name (which he had until 2018), while his "new" legal name has a different letter (from 2018).

Should we:

(1) Use his original name / letter and actual B-R.com reference

OR

(2) Use the letter from the name that he now legally uses.

-----------

Personally I think (2) given the spirit of the rule and the fact that he legally changed his name.

Again, please comment.
        Can we get a couple more opinions?

Current:

(1) 0
        (2) 3 (JA, Heye, DMT)

Comment

Current:

(1) 0
          (2) 3 (JA, Heye, DMT)
          fine with (2)

Comment

Current:

(1) 0
            (2) 3 (JA, Heye, DMT)
            I vote #2 also.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
              I vote #2 also.
              2 is fine
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              ---------------------------------------------
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Mookie picked already.

The choices I presented earlier bring all the other players into line with these picks.
                Ok, but his pick is totally inconsequential since Jake already took Quinn.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Ok, but his pick is totally inconsequential since Jake already took Quinn.
                  My point is, EE was mentioned by at least 3 drafters that passed on him only because he was mis-classified. So making him an exception has merit.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

While we're in full clusterfuck recovery mode - there is an "unnamed" player whose second name and b-r.com reference code do not correspond. His B-R.com code reflects his original name (which he had until 2018), while his "new" legal name has a different letter (from 2018).

Should we:

(1) Use his original name / letter and actual B-R.com reference

OR

(2) Use the letter from the name that he now legally uses.

-----------

Personally I think (2) given the spirit of the rule and the fact that he legally changed his name.

Again, please comment.
                    This is closed.

His old letter (based on the BR.com code) was R, and he would likely never have been picked. His new player code starts with V, and he might be draftable.

I will make all these changes tomorrow morning.

Comment

My point is, EE was mentioned by at least 3 drafters that passed on him only because he was mis-classified. So making him an exception has merit.
                      There is no issue here as far as i see it. Jmare picked EE as Normal, and the agreed changes to the spreadsheet designates EE as normal.

We agreed to bring the spreadsheet into line with the stated 1999-2004 (inclusive) rule. The spreadsheet is using the original 2005 (inclusive). I will update the spreadsheet tomorrow morning.

Comment

• Keeler is a great pick. I knew i was picking Silver King, so I couldn't allow myself to be tempted, but nice one!

Comment

• BTW, I knew 2004 was the end of the "Contemporary" pick timeframe, and I even brought it up earlier in this thread as an error in my Spreadsheet, of which Ken tried to help me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Below is what I was going on. That was the spreadsheet issue, and yes, I should have caught it then, but ya'll were using 2004, and I really didn't think of it. If that was the spreadsheet fix, why does the spreadsheet show 2005??

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                              Below is what I was going on. That was the spreadsheet issue, and yes, I should have caught it then, but ya'll were using 2004, and I really didn't think of it. If that was the spreadsheet fix, why does the spreadsheet show 2005??

http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...l=1#post375252
                              I told him there was an error!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                I mean, revo and Adam and heye and I were using 2004 as well, at least at some point according to posts in this thread...
                                I really wasn't. I simply replied to correct an obvious typo in a computer thing that I didn't understand at all without catching it. So no, I wasn't "using" it. I was just going by the spreadsheet pretty much.

Comment

Working...
                                X