*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the feral slasher View Post
    ok, he wasnt all caps and didnt use the y in time.....i'm just trying to generate some enthusiasm
    woot!

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      woot!
      Thats what i'm talkin about
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Have we settled on a format ?
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          Have we settled on a format ?
          Franchise and letters. Plan to have the SS ready in the next few days ... so everyone has some time before the draft to adjust.

Comment

Franchise and letters. Plan to have the SS ready in the next few days ... so everyone has some time before the draft to adjust.
            how many franchises are there ? And strictly BY not 3 or 5 year best ?
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              how many franchises are there ? And strictly BY not 3 or 5 year best ?
              BY.

Franchises:

ANA
              ARI
              ATL
              BAL
              BLO
              BOS
              CHC
              CHW
              CIN
              CLE
              CLV
              COL
              DET
              FLA
              HOU
              KCR
              LAD
              LOU
              MIL
              MIN
              NYM
              NYY
              OAK
              OEF
              ONA
              PHA
              PHI
              PIT
              SDP
              SEA
              SFG
              STL
              TBD
              TEX
              TOR
              WAS
              WSN

Comment

Is BLO the old Orioles or are they OEF? And if a player has five years at different ONA or OEF franchises, does that count? I would think that ONA wouldn't have any players otherwise---no reserve clause then, so players moved around, and the NA only lasted five years, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                  Is BLO the old Orioles or are they OEF? And if a player has five years at different ONA or OEF franchises, does that count? I would think that ONA wouldn't have any players otherwise---no reserve clause then, so players moved around, and the NA only lasted five years, lol.
                  It'll have to be that way.

EDIT:

BLO = 19th century Orioles (1882-1899)
                  BAL = modern day Orioles, formerly St Louis Browns
                  Last edited by johnnya24; 05-08-2020, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Okay, sounds good. Do we relax deadball/contemporary rules for franchise drafts? I don't remember. It would make sense given that half the franchises are either really old or really new---there was a long time with only 14.

Comment

Okay, sounds good. Do we relax deadball/contemporary rules for franchise drafts? I don't remember. It would make sense given that half the franchises are either really old or really new---there was a long time with only 14.
                      Yeah, like decades, those restrictions won't count. At least, that would be my strong assumption.

Comment

Yeah, like decades, those restrictions won't count. At least, that would be my strong assumption.
                        That will make for a wild draft, lol. So many tanking possibilities. But do any of them work? If everyone is tanking something, somebody just rides through the middle.

Comment

That will make for a wild draft, lol. So many tanking possibilities. But do any of them work? If everyone is tanking something, somebody just rides through the middle.
                          Want to make it so as many of the Franchises as possible must be drafted. But we will need to check available players when the sheet is complete. Like you said, OEF ONA and a couple of others aren't that well populated.

Comment

Want to make it so as many of the Franchises as possible must be drafted. But we will need to check available players when the sheet is complete. Like you said, OEF ONA and a couple of others aren't that well populated.
                            As long as there are literally enough players to fill out every team, it should be fine. Does it move them up in value, absolutely, but that's okay, same situation as a Z player!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              As long as there are literally enough players to fill out every team, it should be fine. Does it move them up in value, absolutely, but that's okay, same situation as a Z player!
                              My only concern is who it might make undraftable---if you have decade or era restrictions around the eras/decades that have all the franchises, the players from the teams that have existed the whole time (the Braves and Cubs are the two) are not draftable from the old/new times because you can't fill out the roster if you do. The key is to have enough franchises from eras/decades that have to be drafted (say 1910-1960) that you don't have to take all of the players from the long-time teams from that small time-frame.

Comment

My only concern is who it might make undraftable---if you have decade or era restrictions around the eras/decades that have all the franchises, the players from the teams that have existed the whole time (the Braves and Cubs are the two) are not draftable from the old/new times because you can't fill out the roster if you do. The key is to have enough franchises from eras/decades that have to be drafted (say 1910-1960) that you don't have to take all of the players from the long-time teams from that small time-frame.
                                Why does it matter if a particular player is undraftable though? It's all strategy.

Comment

Working...
                                X