*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    It's an unfortunate error, but Jake shouldn't be punished for it.
    Agreed. It is a mess. I also would have taken Encarnacion if he wasn't contemporary. Jake shouldn't be punished for it, but nobody else should, either. Again, I get people should read and know the rules, but if you ask and are told one thing, and then the rules say another. Bleck. I have no idea what a good solution would be.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
      Agreed. It is a mess. I also would have taken Encarnacion if he wasn't contemporary. Jake shouldn't be punished for it, but nobody else should, either. Again, I get people should read and know the rules, but if you ask and are told one thing, and then the rules say another. Bleck. I have no idea what a good solution would be.
      The only solution is to move on IMO because anything else would just create unnecessary chaos.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I think we just need to restart the draft.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

The only solution is to move on IMO because anything else would just create unnecessary chaos.
          i cant think of a better alternative
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
            But I didn't pick them as contemporary players. Zimmerman and Encarnación both debuted in 2005, and the draft rules said "contemporary" means 1999-2004. I picked them as "normals".
            So just to clarify, you knew there was an inconsistency between the stated rules and the spreadsheet, and rather than pointing out the error, you choose instead to take advantage of it twice? And you didn't mention anything about this with either pick?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              So just to clarify, you knew there was an inconsistency between the stated rules and the spreadsheet, and rather than pointing out the error, you choose instead to take advantage of it twice? And you didn't mention anything about this with either pick?
              He wasn't looking at the spreadsheet.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Right - he was using the rules. I was using 2004 as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Right - he was using the rules. I was using 2004 as well.
                  So you didn't notice the discrepancy?
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• We also talked about 2004 here for the SPREADSHEET

Comment

So you didn't notice the discrepancy?
                      This is the first I've heard 2005, I wasn't involved with any previous discussions that had 2005 as the date.

Comment

This is the first I've heard 2005, I wasn't involved with any previous discussions that had 2005 as the date.
                        Lol ok
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• also Adam knew it was 2004.

Comment

Lol ok
                            what is LOL about it exactly? Not sure if you are being sarcastic

Comment

what is LOL about it exactly? Not sure if you are being sarcastic
                              No I'm just laughing because it's a mess.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

No I'm just laughing because it's a mess.
                                you are correct

Comment

Working...
                                X