Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Have you noticed some problem/error?

The spreadsheet doesn't calculate the Period eligibility dynamically. That was done previously in the compilation of the spreadsheet. Then the raw data was retained not the algorithm.

It would weigh the spreadsheet down too much to calculate all that information dynamically ... some peoples computers can't handle that, plus it slows the spreadsheet even on fast PC's.

Edit: Also it's 2004 Inclusive ... so from 2005 onwards
    Yes, look on the 'Era' tab.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Yes, look on the 'Era' tab.
      Ah right ... thx ... thought you were talking about something else.

It was already correct on the Snapshot.

EDIT: I fixed this, but I still have to repair the Snapshot page from adding the Franchise Tab. So don't download the latest version of the spreadsheet yet.

Comment

• The Snapshot just has the Hitter/Pitcher Decades, which we're not using though. I don't see the Era on there. Am I missing something?

Comment

The Snapshot just has the Hitter/Pitcher Decades, which we're not using though. I don't see the Era on there. Am I missing something?
          Including the the "Remaining" sections of each team.

Comment

• Let me know if you need help fixing anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Let me know if you need help fixing anything.
              Nah ... all done ... your wizardry is wasted on these mundane tasks

IOW I need to keep your goodwill for more complex crap

Comment

The Snapshot just has the Hitter/Pitcher Decades, which we're not using though. I don't see the Era on there. Am I missing something?
                Also - I added "franchises" to the Snapshot in the same vein, and a new Franchise tab (similar to "let", "dec" etc) ... but that is not complete yet because I needed to make some modifications that I haven't done yet (tedious "morning" stuff).

Comment

• Encarnación is not a “contemporary” player.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Not at home. I'll look into it this evening.

Comment

• Yup 2005.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                        Encarnación is not a “contemporary” player.
                        Correct.

Comment

• Hey guys, I am sorry for the delays in my picks. When my turn comes around, if I am in the middle of my work day, I can't stop what I am doing and draft, or even really spend time on the website seeing when it is my turn. If that won't jive with what you're trying to do, I get it, feel free to drop me.

Comment

• I have a long pause coming up myself. One of those crappy meetings all day days.
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Have you noticed some problem/error?

The spreadsheet doesn't calculate the Period eligibility dynamically. That was done previously in the compilation of the spreadsheet. Then the raw data was retained not the algorithm.

It would weigh the spreadsheet down too much to calculate all that information dynamically ... some peoples computers can't handle that, plus it slows the spreadsheet even on fast PC's.

Edit: Also it's 2004 Inclusive ... so from 2005 onwards
                              Well, crap. I was told earlier in this thread that 2005 counted as contemporary, and that is what the spreadsheet did. I took Evans as early as I did because I thought Encarnacion was contemporary and I didn't want to take my last one. We need to get the rules sorted out. I get that it is each player's responsibility to know the rules, but when I am told something that matches up with the spreadsheet and then that isn't true. Well, crap. I probably would have taken E5 instead of Evans where I took Evans due to the franchise. Bleck.

Comment

2005 (inclusive)
                                This is what I was told earlier. Posts 173-75 in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X