*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    This spreads the VD. Forum distancing saves lives.
    don't worry, be happy
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      bold move....this ones a doer
      I figure anything DMT can handle shouldn't be too intimidating.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
        I figure anything DMT can handle shouldn't be too intimidating.
        Ha...venture into the Hot Topics and then we'll see...(just kidding, it's a cesspool).

Those last two picks were agonizing, but I figured someone would jump on Walker because the Rockies are a wasteland. How did Walker go undrafted last time?
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• It's crazy. K-Rod went undrafted last time, too. Four crazy good picks around the turn. FWIW, Molitor was the second guy on my two-man short list, but since I had Pujols at ANA, I could only take K-Rod or Molitor since both were MIL to me. And Walker was just sitting there after the Helton pick. Weird. But he went undrafted last time because we were limited to effectively two CT hitters, now we have four, and franchises.

Comment

• There is going to be a run on E and I am getting out front. Enjoy
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

There is going to be a run on E and I am getting out front. Enjoy
              As the guy who grabbed Darrell Evans a while ago because he couldn't take the other good E's, I fully agree! And man, this draft is going to be crazy, everyone is bringing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                As the guy who grabbed Darrell Evans a while ago because he couldn't take the other good E's, I fully agree! And man, this draft is going to be crazy, everyone is bringing it.
                You took Evans pretty early last draft, not really early, but earlier than usual, and got good value. This draft he was on my radar but after i grabbed a 3b i couldnt justify taking him. U got a good value again
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

There is going to be a run on E and I am getting out front. Enjoy
                  I kept going back and forth between Walker and Edmonds.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    I kept going back and forth between Walker and Edmonds.
                    Thanks....i think. I also wanted Walker.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Thanks....i think. I also wanted Walker.
                      Walker has been at the top of my list for a while but I couldn't reasonably take him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Walker has been at the top of my list for a while but I couldn't reasonably take him.
                        Sometimes we cant make it to the top....halfway is not half bad
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Sometimes we cant make it to the top....halfway is not half bad
                          Actually went for a hike yesterday and Mt. Rainier was covered in clouds halfway up. It made me smile. It is truly a beautiful mountain
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I had written in Raul P, Walker ,Votto when I took Hack. I just see a big bag of Dicks heading our way with the Letter - Franchise rules. You can even throw in the contemporary restrictions. I will need all the flexibility I can save just to field a whole team. I had to take Molitor I need a normal at a middle inf with a decent franchise.

Comment

• I had Votto written in when I changed it and took Van Haltren. Decided I didn't want 3 1B-only types.

Also, was hoping to nab Iwakuma here. He had been on my shortlist for a couple of rounds now.

BTW, Johnny, on the SS it's not listing Contemporary hitters accurately, as it's not deciphering if they started after 2004.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                BTW, Johnny, on the SS it's not listing Contemporary hitters accurately, as it's not deciphering if they started after 2004.
                                Have you noticed some problem/error?

The spreadsheet doesn't calculate the Period eligibility dynamically. That was done previously in the compilation of the spreadsheet. Then the raw data was retained not the algorithm.

It would weigh the spreadsheet down too much to calculate all that information dynamically ... some peoples computers can't handle that, plus it slows the spreadsheet even on fast PC's.

Edit: Also it's 2004 Inclusive ... so from 2005 onwards
                                Last edited by johnnya24; 06-18-2020, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X