*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    Some punk who keeps stealing my guys. Then again, he might have a reason to try to get some payback this time around.

On a separate note, interesting how people value franchises---at least two picks this round where the team picking a player with multi-franchise eligibility and the ability to put the player at either went with the franchise I had rated significantly higher than the other eligible franchise.

On a final separate note, both of my short list guys made it back. It might be 20-30 minutes for my pick. It's a tough call, and I have to look at backups at the positions and which franchises they play for.
    There are a few deceptive franchises. Some have high value players and little depth, some have OK value players and good depth. Some appear to be better, until you remove the players who will never be picked for that franchise. It really depends how you value them, and what you need. Maybe in this draft, depth will be the more important factor?

Comment

• Sorry I know this means a slow morning until Chris gets up and back from church, but I was asleep by midnight and honestly went to bed unsure what direction to go. Zimmerman it is, back to back big franchises for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        I believe Ken has his own spreadsheet? Maybe we can get some external comparison of results as we press on?

Also, if someone is willing to volunteer to independently update their own official spreadsheet (i.e. not copy/paste from the history thread), we can protect against my input errors.
        I think you have Delahanty with the wrong BY - you have 1895 in the SS but I have 1893.

If you change that, then I can match your (new) numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          I think you have Delahanty with the wrong BY - you have 1895 in the SS but I have 1893.

Gotcha

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

THIS is how I continue to lose these things... johnny fucking me over once again.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              THIS is how I continue to lose these things... johnny fucking me over once again.
              Sorry, I felt that maybe you would be able to make the better BY work ... I guess i was wrong.

Comment

• SPREADSHEET UPDATE

Fairly significant update:

Added a "Fran" sheet
                Added the "Fran" details to the Snapshot page.

I'll add details of this to each teams breakdown later.

DON'T DOWNLOAD YET ... I NEED TO FIX A SCREW UP
                Last edited by johnnya24; 06-17-2020, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Imagine picking a U in round 4, and watching a near identical player go undrafted!
                  There were three U's picked in Round 4, none by you. I wonder who you are talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                    There were three U's picked in Round 4, none by you. I wonder who you are talking about.
                    Last draft I picked Utley, Uggla went undrafted.

Comment

There are a few deceptive franchises. Some have high value players and little depth, some have OK value players and good depth. Some appear to be better, until you remove the players who will never be picked for that franchise. It really depends how you value them, and what you need. Maybe in this draft, depth will be the more important factor?
                      Yeah, some are tricky. Plenty have guys who will never be picked for that franchise, but others are tough to call---there are a few NYY/BOS players for example, and others like that. Not easy to know which way those guys will go. Depth is the key here--given how messy the end will be, some teams will need to get a specific type of player from certain franchises, and depth is generally where you'll have it.

Comment

SPREADSHEET UPDATE

Fairly significant update:

Added a "Fran" sheet
                        Added the "Fran" details to the Snapshot page.

I'll add details of this to each teams breakdown later.
                        I also f'ked up the Franchise link on the Snapshot page ... I'll fix that later.

Comment

Right, and because of these factors, the relative "value" of each franchise fluctuates throughout the draft, and varies for each team depending on their needs.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            Right, and because of these factors, the relative "value" of each franchise fluctuates throughout the draft, and varies for each team depending on their needs.
                            Yes, although a few I would think are going to be the best for almost everyone because they just have so many players. BOS I have found to be the toughest to judge---they have a ton of players who are always drafted, but only about 6-8 of them are only eligible at BOS.

Comment

• And about time on Winfield. At SDP eligible, I am shocked he lasted this long. Yeah, his best year isn't that great, but he has huge career numbers across the board.

Comment

Sorry, I felt that maybe you would be able to make the better BY work ... I guess i was wrong.

dude... I have a strategy.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X