No announcement yet.

*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, this is where we bitch about our picks being taken, right? Helton was all lined up for me.
    Last edited by MookieTyme; 06-16-2020, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      D is about to fall off a cliff, and I can't pick some of the other options, so Dahlen felt like the best of a bunch of sketchy options. Is it even good to fill out my Mi this early? Even that feels wrong. I never do that.

Was going to reluctantly pick Delahanty, which probably would have been a mistake, so glad Heye took that one away from me.

Avoiding modern hitters like the plague ... but they are soooooooooooo tempting.
      So that's a yes, wow!
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        Very nice pick, indeed. He might have been a better pick than Hugh Duffy, although I'd already blocked myself out of the PHI franchise. Nothing worse than picking some letter relatively early on and seeing a guy you can't pick just sit there and sit there and sit there, taunting you, mocking your very existence.
        I've got one still out there, taunting me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
          I think "contemporary" is defined as players who played in 1999-2004, inclusive.
          I thought it was 2005, but I am not sure anymore. I had this problem at about page 10 of this thread, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by MookieTyme View Post
            Also, this is where we bitch about our picks being taken, right? Helton was all lined up for me.
            Yep, this is the place. So, dammit on Dahlen. Then again, after Davis went, I didn't even bother adding him to my short list because I knew he wouldn't be far behind.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              Yep, this is the place. So, dammit on Dahlen. Then again, after Davis went, I didn't even bother adding him to my short list because I knew he wouldn't be far behind.
              Every time cavebird says "damn" an angel gets its wings.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• All my players keep making it all the way back to me. I’m sure this is a terrible sign.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Another tragic figure.
                  You know you're up, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    This is going to be a f'king bloodbath.

I can only see roadblocks and compromises ahead.
                    I think it's going to be worse than that, lol.

Comment

You know you're up, right?
                      Or you just picked and I got the order all mixed up again. One or the other.

Comment

I think "contemporary" is defined as players who played in 1999-2004, inclusive.
                        Look at the rookie reading us the rules, who brought this guy?
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Look at the rookie reading us the rules, who brought this guy?
                          Some punk who keeps stealing my guys. Then again, he might have a reason to try to get some payback this time around.

On a separate note, interesting how people value franchises---at least two picks this round where the team picking a player with multi-franchise eligibility and the ability to put the player at either went with the franchise I had rated significantly higher than the other eligible franchise.

On a final separate note, both of my short list guys made it back. It might be 20-30 minutes for my pick. It's a tough call, and I have to look at backups at the positions and which franchises they play for.

Comment

I think it's going to be worse than that, lol.
                            There is great chaos under heaven....and the situation is excellent
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• It was Yates, Yost and yechh. Yates and Yost are gone
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Palmeiro, one of a half dozen guys that I was shocked to have made it back to me, lol. Anyways, some of you probably know wtf they're doing. Not me, son!!!
                                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                                X