*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    He was my super secret player from like 4 rounds ago. I now have 3 deadball players and my entire MI filled but damn Jennings was just out there forever and ever and ever.
    Eh, I think the pick BLOws.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• SPREADSHEET:

Fixed some weird non-essential Conditional Formatting errors on the Rounds page.

Comment

• Round 7 Unconfirmed Standings

Code:
        x	Team      	CH	CP	BYH	BYP	Multi	Place
        .01	Hacko____	30.8	54.6	30.3	53.9	169.630	6
        .02	DMT______	42.5	48.8	36.4	48.7	176.293	3
        .03	Feral Slash	38.4	53.6	42.0	52.4	186.409	1
        .04	Heyelander	42.1	41.5	40.9	40.8	165.242	9
        .05	JohnnyA24	53.0	30.7	55.3	41.8	180.809	2
        .06	Controller J	41.5	45.9	39.7	34.6	161.680	11
        .07	Jmaeroff__	50.0	34.4	42.6	35.4	162.345	10
        .08	MookieTy_	48.6	31.8	45.3	25.1	150.731	12
        .09	Revo_____	46.4	40.7	48.5	39.1	174.779	5
        .10	Cavebird__	46.4	42.8	47.5	38.9	175.587	4
        .11	Bene Futu	39.4	43.1	42.7	43.6	168.740	7
        .12	Frae_____	35.8	44.1	41.3	45.9	167.054	8
        .13	Ken______	32.3	35.1	34.6	47.1	149.073	13

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
          Jennings was eligible as a Tiger despite only 9 plate appearances for Detroit. For perspective, Piazza made 19 plate appearances for the Marlins.
          Yeah, that's pretty silly. He made those 8 appearances across 15 years as a player/manager (just like the other player you brought up as well, whose name slips my mind).

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            I’m a little surprised at some of the franchise heavy picks. With 10 being able to be eliminated, some could be safely left out without much pain.
            Well you're certainly testing this theory having taken 6 of the top 12. The Nichols pick is great value though.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Hopefully the franchise eligibility absurdities end with this draft once we have BY determining eligibility.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Well you're certainly testing this theory having taken 6 of the top 12. The Nichols pick is great value though.
                Yeah, there are a couple franchises with only a couple draftable players and several more with far fewer than can accommodate our 13 teams. I suppose we'll see!
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Hopefully the franchise eligibility absurdities end with this draft once we have BY determining eligibility.
                  If it's absurdities you are worried about, BY eligibility won't help, in fact it'll create even more.

The volatility of BY Franchise could be very interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    If it's absurdities you are worried about, BY eligibility won't help, in fact it'll create even more.

By absurdities, I don't mean unpredictability. I won't consider any of the picks "absurd" because all of them actually happened. That is, the seasons picked were actually played for the franchise selected. Unless you're referring to the mid-season trade seasons, and for that I've got nothin.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post

It would be absolutely insane. It would probably force a change to a 25-player draft, because too many of the minor old franchises wouldn't really have anyone draftable---ONA, for example, would be pointless. Or, we could separate all the ONA/OEF franchises out because it just based on one season, so you could have tons of weird possibilities.

Comment

• Johnny---what is the rule on name change players? I doubt this guy would ever get taken, but there is a guy who started his career as an "N" and finished as an "O". He is listed in player ID by his "N" name, but his name next to it is his "O" name.

Comment

• And can we have a moment of silence for the poor horse messenger. The new one must also be dying somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Yeah, that's pretty silly. He made those 8 appearances across 15 years as a player/manager (just like the other player you brought up as well, whose name slips my mind).
                            The other player was Rogers Hornsby.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
                              The other player was Rogers Hornsby.
                              Any chance you can leave a pick with someone if you are in the office tomorrow and Mookie time is Amish time again?

Comment

• Jake told me he was crashing and would pick before he left for work.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X