*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    Wow. QUIZ is going out of control. My plan will definitely be put to the test---I thought Ianetta was a late round kind of guy, lol.
    QUIZY Madness !
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Wow. QUIZ is going out of control. My plan will definitely be put to the test---I thought Ianetta was a late round kind of guy, lol.
      With four needed, and at least 26 coming from the Q-U-I cohort, there is a great sense of urgency there.

OTOH, I’m a little surprised at some of the franchise heavy picks. With 10 being able to be eliminated, some could be safely left out without much pain.

Comment

QUIZ + Catcher + franchise + no era restrictions, can't imagine how he'd be late round with those specs unless you just think everyone else should leave all the good options for you for later.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          QUIZY Madness !
          Terrible name for a band.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            QUIZ + Catcher + franchise + no era restrictions, can't imagine how he'd be late round with those specs unless you just think everyone else should leave all the good options for you for later.
            There are era restrictions.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              There are era restrictions.
              You misunderstood - Iannetta doesn't fall into era restrictions.

Comment

No stats? But then again, he definitely fits with all the other QUIZ players taken now, so I guess I should have figured.

Comment

Yes, the restricting of the Contemporary hitter category does create some weird outcomes, like Ianetta.

Comment

Ah right.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Almost picked Jennings a while back before I even thought about Honus. Great pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                        Almost picked Jennings a while back before I even thought about Honus. Great pick.
                        He was my super secret player from like 4 rounds ago. I now have 3 deadball players and my entire MI filled but damn Jennings was just out there forever and ever and ever.
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                          He was my super secret player from like 4 rounds ago. I now have 3 deadball players and my entire MI filled but damn Jennings was just out there forever and ever and ever.
                          I was goimg to grab him with Lyons, nice pick
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Jennings was eligible as a Tiger despite only 9 plate appearances for Detroit. For perspective, Piazza made 19 plate appearances for the Marlins.

Comment

No stats? But then again, he definitely fits with all the other QUIZ players taken now, so I guess I should have figured.
                              If it helps, think of it similar to how you'd bump multi-eligible players in yearly fantasy. The numbers in this case make the pick work objectively as well if you run them (sounds like you aren't).

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
                                Jennings was eligible as a Tiger despite only 9 plate appearances for Detroit. For perspective, Piazza made 19 plate appearances for the Marlins.
                                That's pretty nuts. I think the biggest anomaly so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X