No announcement yet.

*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice picks with Kelley and Alomar. Alomar was one I was thinking about for my next pick, and Kelley would have been except I just took Kershaw. This draft is fascinating. The end could get crazy ugly---some in franchise hell, some in letter hell, some in positional hell, and some all good but with no stats and desperately trying to catch up.

Comment

• And crap, I might have to pick tonight, and I have about 8 guys left I am deciding between (after Alomar came off the board)---and no idea who might or might not make it back to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        Let's see if the guy I really wanted to take sneaks on back to me.....
        He made it back and I passed on him again. This is winning VD strategy, people!
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Somebody's gonna get a niiiiiiiice pick coming up here and I'm stuck with 2 2Bs and already burned 2 DB hitters and a few nice franchises, too. Letters situation lookin' pretty okay though.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Johnny's comment that I was focusing too much on franchises got me shook!!!!! Lol. ATL is a tough franchise to burn but Hugh Duffy is a fuckin' beast and a half. Of course, right after you select a "D" player you start seeing all the awesome value you'd get with all the other D players still remaining. C'est la vie!

Comment

• Well dammit. Was going to pick overnight, but it would have been Lajoie.

Comment

• Some strong picks ... was looking at Kelley for a while, but couldn't pull the trigger even though his Franchise is deplorably bad.

Seem to remember picking Stovey in the first ever Franchise draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  Johnny's comment that I was focusing too much on franchises got me shook!!!!! Lol. ATL is a tough franchise to burn but Hugh Duffy is a fuckin' beast and a half. Of course, right after you select a "D" player you start seeing all the awesome value you'd get with all the other D players still remaining. C'est la vie!
                  Looks like you might have been right to overvalue Franchises. If people are going to pick them early, then there is going to be a premium on them whether they deserve it or not. Same with QUIZY's ... supply and demand blah blah blah

Comment

• I looked at Lajoie and Alomar and in the end took the harder franchise route even though it is my 2nd modern hitter. Making this puzzle fit together let alone doing it with a coherent strategy seems impossible right now.

Comment

• Bah, my whole shortlist got wiped out: Duffy, Koufax, Lajoie & Kelley.

I'm gonna need a lil bit!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Bah, my whole shortlist got wiped out: Duffy, Koufax, Lajoie & Kelley.

I'm gonna need a lil bit!
                        The ol’ double ARGH. Nice.

Comment

• Gonna take me a while ... gotta lot of stuff to do here before I can pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            Gonna take me a while ... gotta lot of stuff to do here before I can pick.
                            1:01 Drink Beer till the cows come home!

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                              I looked at Lajoie and Alomar and in the end took the harder franchise route even though it is my 2nd modern hitter. Making this puzzle fit together let alone doing it with a coherent strategy seems impossible right now.
                              Amen to that. I think my Stovey pick was bad. I needed to get a pitcher, MI, or catcher. Instead, I took my fifth OF/1B guy. Yikes. At least it was good stats and a really shitty franchise. But man, I get the feeling I am going to screw myself in the end with nothing left to pick. I think franchises are worse than decades for some things, especially positions---every decade at least has catchers and MI's. Every franchise, not as much. This is what I get for picking drunk off my ass in the middle of the night when the guy I was going to pick goes right before I pick.

Comment

• Never picked Honus ... in fact apart from Ruth, not sure if I've owned many of the other guys before.

Comment

Working...
                                X