*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    EVENTUALLY... johnny will finish the real spreadsheet that has pretty much everything you will want in it. Scoring, who can take what, (blackouts for franchises and letters taken) all players... a bunch of other tabs that I never look at...
    All I have remaining are the annoying cleanup tasks. Doing that now. Definitely morning work!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
      It is in threads in this thing. I found (after asking) the multiplicitive scoring thing last draft. I think the franchise rules are in the official rules at the start of the draft thread. Since we are dead for the night (apparently, being 5 AM in NI means Johnny isn't around, lol), if you have a pick, feel free to PM me or DMT or whoever you want with it (I would avoid those drafting before you, lol). For franchises, the rule is that if a player played 5 seasons or parts of five seasons for a franchise, he is eligible for that franchise--any that apply. If a player did not play 5 seasons or parts of 5 seasons for any franchise, it is the franchise that the player played the most seasons or parts of seasons for. If there is a tie, all of the franchises tied are eligible.
      Yeah back on a normal schedule with the lockdown easing.

Comment

• SPREADSHEET LINK

If anyone wants to help with error checking, that'd be great.

I always think I've got everything, but I still miss things.

CHANGES:

1. Duplicate franchises will highlight on the Rounds sheet.
        2. An invalid Franchise selection will highlight on the Snapshot page next to the players entry (OK = valid / blank = invalid)
        3. Your available/taken franchise selections will automatically highlight on the Snapshot Page adjacent to your team

-------

If you're new to the spreadsheet, don't be alarmed by the splurge of tabs. The only 2 Tabs you really need are:

1. Rounds (to enter players)
        2. Snapshot (which has all the information)

-------

Also, the entries for the Rounds sheet will be copy/pasted in the VD15 History Thread at the end of each round. However, when you are copy pasting this data, make sure to right click and only copy as plain text.
        Last edited by johnnya24; 06-12-2020, 03:34 AM.

Comment

• Have to take one of the children-parents to the doctors ... will pick around 5AM EST .... should be reasonable right?

Comment

• Shall we just remove FLA from the game chaps?

Comment

• SO quick FYI for the new(er) guys.

The only thing that is inputted on the Spreadsheet is on the "Rounds" Sheet.

h1 ... = hitter1 / p1 =pitcher 1
              ruthba01 = we use baseball-reference.com player codes (occasionally the 01 suffix will be 02, 03 etc if more than one player has the same code)
              1921 = year
              NYY = Franchise

Comment

• 5.06 Robb Nen P 1998 FLA
                I wanted to ... but I had the same issues as you ...

Comment

• Originally posted by revo
                  jmaeroff up!
                  He's still trying to recover from this devastating Marlins run.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I was surprised that Nen went so much later than Nathan given his franchise.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                      I was surprised that Nen went so much later than Nathan given his franchise.
                      I had them back to back on my list.

Comment

• Just hoping that Indian phenom Roob Naan will last until my 16th round pick....
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          He's still trying to recover from this devastating Marlins run.
                          Marlins? Who?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            Just hoping that Indian phenom Roob Naan will last until my 16th round pick....
                            Mmmm… naan.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• For new guys... just thought I would highlight the era restrictions. We've talked a lot of franchise and letters, but there are also some era restrictions:
                              ERA restrictions are in place. You can only pick 4x Modern hitters (4xMH), 4x Deadball Pitchers (4xDP), 4x Deadball Hitters (4xDH)

Modern hitters can be a bitch.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                For new guys... just thought I would highlight the era restrictions. We've talked a lot of franchise and letters, but there are also some era restrictions:
                                ERA restrictions are in place. You can only pick 4x Modern hitters (4xMH), 4x Deadball Pitchers (4xDP), 4x Deadball Hitters (4xDH)

Modern hitters can be a bitch.
                                I've only taken three contemporary hitters in four picks. I am being good, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X