*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    I'm guessing you are awarding almost triple the weight to Franchises than I am. That could very well be correct.
    Why do you say that?
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      So who you guys got for your top ten?

Really tough calls, imo.

1. Cy Young
      2. Walter Johnson
      3. Babe Ruth
      4. Barry Bonds
      5. A-Rod
      6. Pete Alexander
      7. Carl Yaz
      8. Robin Yount
      9. Hank Aaron
      10. Ty Cobb

Tough to leave Foxx out of there, though. I can easily see Bonds over Ruth but the era restriction is what held him at 4th for me. Cobb vs. Foxx vs. Rickey vs. Teddy Ballgame vs. Billy Hamilton is a tough call --- all have unbelievable career and BY stats but all at premium letters, positions, and franchises. On a related note, I should have taken Rudy York in the 2nd when I had the chance. I always regret passing on that dude.
      I have the same top four in the same order. Then:

5. Aaron
      6. A-Rod
      7. Yount
      8. Radbourn
      9. Alexander
      10. Yaz

I had Cobb at 11. And these were just a guide for me, obviously, since I took Yaz over Radbourn and Alexander when I picked. I had York at 21, so I don't see any problem with your passing on him, lol. Draft has gone QUIZY crazy now. A great chance to see if my QUIZ theory is right or a pile of horse dung.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Since JMaeroff is after me and he says he can't pick until tonight, I'm a gonna take a lil time with my pick to extend the anticipation
        When you get a chance, revo, please explain to me your strategy from the last draft since I appear to be following it, and I don't really have a clue what to do next.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          When you get a chance, revo, please explain to me your strategy from the last draft since I appear to be following it, and I don't really have a clue what to do next.
          Dammit! My strategy this draft was to pick who I thought Cavebird would pick!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I know your 16th round pick now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                At this rate on QUIZY's, you might need to make that a 6th round pick, lol.

Comment

Then why do you keep picking QUIZ guys?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Hopefully, I'm not using a wildcard on a U or Z.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      2 day old lasagna ... wish me luck.
                      better than 5 year old beefaroni?
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

that's some next level inception shit right there.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          better than 5 year old beefaroni?
                          I keep and eat leftovers wayyyyyyy past any health recommendations. Although Last night i broke down and threw out the last of the three week old mashed potatoes. I guess if i ever got sick or had any problems i would be more vigilant about this stuff
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            I keep and eat leftovers wayyyyyyy past any health recommendations. Although Last night i broke down and threw out the last of the three week old mashed potatoes. I guess if i ever got sick or had any problems i would be more vigilant about this stuff
                            I'm really hit or miss. I'll eat week+ old pot roast that I've made, but throw away milk way too early.

I tend to make food for the week in the instant pot. I'll have the same soup or chicken tacos for lunch every day for a week+.

Comment

• Just negged johnny for starting this conversation in the wrong thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                I'm really hit or miss. I'll eat week+ old pot roast that I've made, but throw away milk way too early.

I tend to make food for the week in the instant pot. I'll have the same soup or chicken tacos for lunch every day for a week+.
                                Milk is an exception, it gets noticeably worse sometimes before expiration date
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X