No announcement yet.

*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I am not sure if that was the right pick, but that much production from Y can't hurt. The real problem was that the objectively best pick was the guy I got in the first round last time, and I want to do something a little different.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      “Outer Bands of Cristobal” would be a good name for a band.
      Sounds like a King Crimson album title.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• And, yes, I know I'm up you dirty sons of bitches. A little more patience, GAWD!
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Pete A was the last guy i was ok picking while away from my laptop. I’ll be home within the hour.

Comment

• I should have taken him, but too boring twice in a row. His obvious year is 1915, but he has two, not so easy to decide between franchises: PHI and CHC.

Comment

• I’ll take a gander soon and edit the pick. Seems like I always pick Yaz in these things so I’m glad to go a different direction this time.

Comment

• Rickey is pretty unique and while I am sure Ken will take a couple of the other guys I was hoping for there wasn't anyone else giving me that Speed and since we are still doing OBP I think his value holds up.

Comment

• Rickey likes the Rickey pick and thinks Rickey is the greatest of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                    Good pick, Jake. I’m not sure if I’ve ever drafted Aaron. Extremely strong base numbers on the career side at a very crappy letter.
                    Thanks. I was originally thinking I could take him as a Brewer which would have made him even more valuable. Then realized he wasn't eligible for MIL but decided to take him anyway. Grateful I didn't embarrass myself too badly on my first career pick. (That will surely happen within a couple of more rounds.)

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
                      Thanks. I was originally thinking I could take him as a Brewer which would have made him even more valuable. Then realized he wasn't eligible for MIL but decided to take him anyway. Grateful I didn't embarrass myself too badly on my first career pick. (That will surely happen within a couple of more rounds.)
                      Aaron has some moderate shortcomings, the lack of an insanely good BY being foremost, but he is an unbelievably kickass "A" player. The franchise thing is still a pretty fresh concept for most of us so we'll see how that goes in this draft.

Speaking of which, can someone find the super helpful letter ranking post that Seitzer put up a while back? Maybe we should sticky a couple of those kinds of posts.

Comment

• 4 each of:

DB pitchers
                        DB hitters
                        Contemp hitters

....right? And no contemp pitchers restrictions?

Comment

4 each of:

DB pitchers
                          DB hitters
                          Contemp hitters

....right? And no contemp pitchers restrictions?
                          Correct.

Comment

I’ll take a gander soon and edit the pick. Seems like I always pick Yaz in these things so I’m glad to go a different direction this time.
                            You yized while others yazed?
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              The old "Outer Bands of Cristobal" excuse. Tried and true
                              The tropical storm ate my house... :eyeroll:
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Sorry for the delay on my part, Saturdays are bad (family time) and I'm finalizing my valuations since I have 2 picks here and nothing for the following 24 picks - gotta get these 2 right.

Comment

Working...
                                X