*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    I kept expecting you to take him but you never did!

(My options at MI were mostly awful and I had originally settled on another Dodger many rounds ago after hacko snaked Newcombe, but Robinson works out better.)
    Yeah, I had you with that other Dodger.

I have a backup plan, but losing Robinson probably cost me 2nd place.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Urgh. I knew DMT was a threat on Robinson, but figured he wouldn't use his final WC on him. I chose poorly!
      All morning I was trying to figure your team out, because clearly it didn't involve Jackie Robinson.

I like to gamble late in the draft, but that was one crazy gamble ...

Comment

Yeah, I had you with that other Dodger.

I have a backup plan, but losing Robinson probably cost me 2nd place.
        If I'd taken him, that would have resulted in me using my WC on a ridiculous letter (unless I completely missed another option which is entirely possible).
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

If I'd taken him, that would have resulted in me using my WC on a ridiculous letter (unless I completely missed another option which is entirely possible).
          I think you did; will PM.

Comment

Urgh. I knew DMT was a threat on Robinson, but figured he wouldn't use his final WC on him. I chose poorly!
            Well, there goes the only guy I projected for you that I actually had confidence in, lol.

Comment

• One thing I know is that I have no faith in my projections, even if I did get Herman, Zun and J-Rob. Bene Revo and DMT were really tough to nail, and then you have Wildcards like Jmare and Mookie.

I've no idea how the guys who did projections 5 rounds ago managed ... with 3xWC's it must have been a nightmare.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                All morning I was trying to figure your team out, because clearly it didn't involve Jackie Robinson.

I like to gamble late in the draft, but that was one crazy gamble ...

I was going to take Robinson this past round, but my backup isn't awful, and while I didn't expect that you'd take Estrada, you were the only one who could have and for him I had no backup whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  One thing I know is that I have no faith in my projections, even if I did get Herman, Zun and J-Rob. Bene Revo and DMT were really tough to nail, and then you have Wildcards like Jmare and Mookie.

I've no idea how the guys who did projections 5 rounds ago managed ... with 3xWC's it must have been a nightmare.
                  I'm taking this as a compliment.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
                    I'm taking this as a compliment.
                    Wildcards are always a good thing in vintage drafting.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Wildcards are always a good thing in vintage drafting.
                      I am not sure revo thinks that your having a wild card this round was such a good thing in vintage drafting, lol.

Comment

I was going to take Robinson this past round, but my backup isn't awful, and while I didn't expect that you'd take Estrada, you were the only one who could have and for him I had no backup whatsoever.
                        Makes sense. I've had a few similar dilemmas ... I'm guessing everyone has.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                          I am not sure revo thinks that your having a wild card this round was such a good thing in vintage drafting, lol.
                          WC's seem to be a mixed blessing in this draft. I picked Baylor 4 rounds ago, because even then I felt if I might not get value from it.

I think we all seem to be grasping in the dark with Franchises ... I'm still trying to figure this out. We definitely made it too harsh. 25 players and 5 modern hitters would have been better (3xQUIZY, 2xWC). But we weren't to know that.

Also surprised at how some "strong" Franchises fail to yield even decent WC's at the end.

Comment

• Round 24 Unconfirmed Standings

Code:
                            x	Team      	CH	CP	BYH	BYP	Multi	Place
                            .01	Hacko____	46.2	46.7	39.1	46.6	178.602	5
                            .02	DMT______	49.5	45.2	51.2	47.1	192.933	2
                            .03	Feral Slash	42.9	52.5	46.0	50.4	191.682	3
                            .04	Heyelander	37.1	38.1	36.6	30.6	142.525	13
                            .05	JohnnyA24	50.7	41.4	52.3	49.9	194.338	1
                            .06	Controller J	29.1	51.8	34.5	50.7	166.125	7
                            .07	Jmaeroff__	45.2	33.7	34.0	36.7	149.606	10
                            .08	MookieTy_	54.9	29.8	47.1	30.8	162.529	9
                            .09	Revo_____	38.5	45.4	38.0	41.8	163.590	8
                            .10	Cavebird__	37.9	37.8	35.6	37.0	148.283	11
                            .11	Bene Futu	45.3	43.6	51.9	42.0	182.820	4
                            .12	Frae_____	33.5	43.2	42.7	47.7	167.102	6
                            .13	Ken______	36.4	37.6	38.2	35.8	147.946	12

Comment

• Would be good to get confirmation from someone who is independently inputting the picks in the SS and also from Ken, who has his own SS.

Comment

• Mine is very slightly different. Will try to compare
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X