Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zzzzzzz

Comment

• Don't recall seeing Heye post lately. Hope all is well and he will be back soon
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        zzzzzzz
        so ed, what the hell is going on with the stock market? How does it continue to rise? Unemployment is insane right now, are they just expecting everyone to go right back to work in a month as if nothing happened?
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          Don't recall seeing Heye post lately. Hope all is well and he will be back soon
          here, fine. just meh.

I got that consulting gig, but my background check is taking forever. I was suppose to start last week, but I'm still not working. So doing a lot of door dash. I'm out of the house much more than I was before all this happened these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            here, fine. just meh.

I got that consulting gig, but my background check is taking forever.
            Maybe next time dont list "The Feral Slasher" as one of your references ?
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              so ed, what the hell is going on with the stock market? How does it continue to rise? Unemployment is insane right now, are they just expecting everyone to go right back to work in a month as if nothing happened?
              That’s a great question. It might be technical, or it might be that all the money the govt is pumping in is working, or it might be that investors just think this is a good buying opportunity. I don’t really know.

I’m only about 50% invested and maybe 25%-33% for clients. I’m still betting on a pullback, maybe not to the 19,000 low, but maybe to 20,000-21,000 on the Dow. If it does that, I’d pile back in 100%.

Comment

That’s a great question. It might be technical, or it might be that all the money the govt is pumping in is working, or it might be that investors just think this is a good buying opportunity. I don’t really know.

I’m only about 50% invested and maybe 25%-33% for clients. I’m still betting on a pullback, maybe not to the 19,000 low, but maybe to 20,000-21,000 on the Dow. If it does that, I’d pile back in 100%.
                Sure seems like it has to drop back eventually. Everyone's consumption is affected and will be for months, even if they keep their jobs. But no one should ever take investing advice from me !!
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  Sure seems like it has to drop back eventually. Everyone's consumption is affected and will be for months, even if they keep their jobs. But no one should ever take investing advice from me !!
                  Yes, that is the reason why this is so confounding.

Comment

• From a historical standpoint, generally "waterfall decline" bull markets (like we saw last month) don't hit their lows until 2-3 months later. Also, everyone rushed right back in to this one so it's unlikely that the low has been reached. But who knows?

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• The art of indecision: the guy I almost took last time actually made it back to me and this makes me think he is a bad pick and I should be taking someone else instead. I think my short list is down to three at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                        The art of indecision: the guy I almost took last time actually made it back to me and this makes me think he is a bad pick and I should be taking someone else instead.
                        I disagree
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

so i've got about 10k in credit card debt right now (piling up since I got sick). It's on a 0% until december card. I'll have the money to pay it off then. Would you drip it into something until then since I really have no need to pay it off before then, or just keep it in my checking/pay it off as I go?

Comment

• Well, there goes nothing. Finally getting around to a little prep on decades and positions, he seemed like the only guy who hit all the boxes---tough letter, tough decade, tough position, ---well, I guess he misses the career production box, lol. Single season is pretty good, however, especially for the 1910's.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                              Well, there goes nothing. Finally getting around to a little prep on decades and positions, he seemed like the only guy who hit all the boxes---tough letter, tough decade, tough position, ---well, I guess he misses the career production box, lol. Single season is pretty good, however, especially for the 1910's.
                              But is he clean ? Is he Charmin clean ?
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Not in 1918 during the Spanish Flu pandemic. They ran out of toilet paper then, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X