*** VD 14 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    I have to give revo props. His team won't amount to much, but damn.
    Might be the worst compliment ever

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      Ugh, it's always my turn and I've always done just as much (i.e. nothing) to prepare as the last time around. I don't fucking know which option is best for me, okay? JUST BACK OFF!!!!!
      My advice is to take a hitter.

Comment

• Can we get a BY for Abernathy?
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          Can we get a BY for Abernathy?
          I PM'd Hacko ... we should really hold up until he picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            I PM'd Hacko ... we should really hold up until he picks.
            I pm'ed him on Facebook just now and he said 1967.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
              I pm'ed him on Facebook just now and he said 1967.
              That is correct

Comment

• Cool, now ask him who I should take.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Cool, now ask him who I should take.
                  Bagga Dicks is available

Comment

• Give me a little while - eating dinner and trying to manage projections. My latest projections have me taking approximately four more players.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• While we are waiting for Bene, let's go for some all-time baseball trivia---five category pitchers edition. Don't worry, no correct answers will be spoilers; only one has not been drafted, and, well, Bene can't take him, and he won't be not drafted after that.

First: career edition: Only three pitchers in major league history have 300+ SV and 100+ Wins. All three also have 1299 or more K's, ERA's at or under 3.50, and WHIP's at or under 1.232, so true five-category pitchers.

Second: single season edition: Only three times in major league history has a pitcher had a season with 10+Wins, 20+ saves, and 150+ K's. All three seasons involved ERA's under 2.30 and WHIPs under 1.100, so again, true five category seasons.

Hint: Of the six answers, four involve players enshrined in the Hall of Fame (although not necessarily four different players); the other two answers do not.

Comment

Give me a little while - eating dinner and trying to manage projections. My latest projections have me taking approximately four more players.
                        Hopefully, all hitters.

Comment

• Here is the next iteration of "I'll totally figure out the rest of my team after this pick".

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                            While we are waiting for Bene, let's go for some all-time baseball trivia---five category pitchers edition. Don't worry, no correct answers will be spoilers; only one has not been drafted, and, well, Bene can't take him, and he won't be not drafted after that.

First: career edition: Only three pitchers in major league history have 300+ SV and 100+ Wins. All three also have 1299 or more K's, ERA's at or under 3.50, and WHIP's at or under 1.232, so true five-category pitchers.

Second: single season edition: Only three times in major league history has a pitcher had a season with 10+Wins, 20+ saves, and 150+ K's. All three seasons involved ERA's under 2.30 and WHIPs under 1.100, so again, true five category seasons.

Hint: Of the six answers, four involve players enshrined in the Hall of Fame (although not necessarily four different players); the other two answers do not.
                            Smoltz, Gossage, Eckersley

Gossage.....uh......John Hiller? Um....Mike Marshall?

Comment

Smoltz, Gossage, Eckersley

Gossage.....uh......John Hiller? Um....Mike Marshall?
                              Gossage and Eckersley are correct for career. Gossage 1977 is also correct for season. Smoltz didn't get 300 saves, nor a season with wins and saves. Hiller and Marshall are incorrect.

Comment

• Rollie Fingers for career, then? No idea about the single season.

Comment

Working...
                                X