No announcement yet.

*** VD 14 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently, his church tells him to use all of his wild cards. Still, nice production this late.

Comment

• Feral forced Ken to pick Larkin. With his mind. Unfortunately, the next L selected is going to be Jim Levey.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Or maybe Zach Lee.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Feral forced Ken to pick Larkin. With his mind. Unfortunately, the next L selected is going to be Jim Levey.
          was there a better SS available? I didn’t plan this out well so I’m dealing with the scraps

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            was there a better SS available? I didn’t plan this out well so I’m dealing with the scraps
            Not sure, but I had Larkin ranked a good deal higher than my own pick with whatshisface Long so I'd bet it was a good pick. Larkin gets drafted all the time - he's a lot better than scrap status.

Comment

Not sure, but I had Larkin ranked a good deal higher than my own pick with whatshisface Long so I'd bet it was a good pick. Larkin gets drafted all the time - he's a lot better than scrap status.
              I would imagine that johnny won't be thrilled by the pick. I think that Larkin was the last actually good hitter he could take without using his last wild card.

Comment

• Feral has been the most disruptive to my plans, first Thome and then Stovey.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Feral has a sneaky good team. I had an idea to mess with him, but it makes my team worse, so I can't do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                    Feral has a sneaky good team. I had an idea to mess with him, but it makes my team worse, so I can't do it.
                    I got some turds I'm going to need to pick, and lots of ground to make up in hitting. Not optimistic, but thanks !
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      I got some turds I'm going to need to pick, and lots of ground to make up in hitting. Not optimistic, but thanks !
                      I guess I'm an admitted turdpicker now.
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Like Drysdale a lot at this point. I see some other guys out there who will be great value. Wish we had some KOs
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I am now officially clueless. I thought revo was either doing a full ratio tank or a career ratio tank with good BY. But now he goes and takes Drysdale (the only one who could at his best decade without a wild card, but smart to do so, I was already looking at taking him) and then takes him at 1957. At that year, he is BY poison and great for career. He must have some plan I have not fathomed yet. He has kept me guessing the whole time.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                            I am now officially clueless. I thought revo was either doing a full ratio tank or a career ratio tank with good BY. But now he goes and takes Drysdale (the only one who could at his best decade without a wild card, but smart to do so, I was already looking at taking him) and then takes him at 1957. At that year, he is BY poison and great for career. He must have some plan I have not fathomed yet. He has kept me guessing the whole time.
                            Yeah I thought it was the career dump with good BY. I tried to do that once, if I recall, but it's very player specific. I assume someone smarter than I could pull it off but it doesn't look like that's what Revo's trying.

Comment

• So I think I might have committed the cardinal sin of cut/pasting on the Rounds sheet. If you do that, does it fuck up the "draft" section of the hitting tabs and fail to track correctly who's already drafted?

Comment

So I think I might have committed the cardinal sin of cut/pasting on the Rounds sheet. If you do that, does it fuck up the "draft" section of the hitting tabs and fail to track correctly who's already drafted?
                                Yeah ... better to redownload or revert to a previous save if possible IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X