No announcement yet.

*** VD 14 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I went thru this whole draft thinking we needed 12 pitchers and figured out my plan. Now I realize we only need 11. Ugggh. One less crappy decade changes things a lot.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      I am probably screwed either way
      Go with my strategy - no strategy - it helps with the stress. I just pick players who seem good. They never fit together and I'll be roasted for it but, meh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Go with my strategy - no strategy - it helps with the stress. I just pick players who seem good. They never fit together and I'll be roasted for it but, meh.
        Well, there is one thing to be said for it---nobody can steal your picks if you have no particular picks in mind!

Comment

• via Imgflip Meme Generator
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Sorry heye, but I figured he wouldn't make it back past you and CB.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Sorry heye, but I figured he wouldn't make it back past you and CB.
              Dammit, DMT, I doubt he'd have made it past revo to me, but he never makes it past me, period. I thought I was okay to take Gossage because I had two L-middle infield choices, then Bene went and took one the very next pick. I saw you and revo as the guys who could take him (Ken can't take another 2B, and the others have L's) and he looked right for both of you, although you both have one other way to go. Still, once Bene took Long, I figured my plans were already hashed because even if you went the other way, revo would then take Lazzeri.

Comment

• And, johnny, fwiw, the reason I thought your comment about Leonard was so strange was I thought that you would be in on Long, although I obviously had no intention of explaining that to you.

Comment

• You can't spell Hell without L.
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Hell is for children
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                      Dammit, DMT, I doubt he'd have made it past revo to me, but he never makes it past me, period. I thought I was okay to take Gossage because I had two L-middle infield choices, then Bene went and took one the very next pick. I saw you and revo as the guys who could take him (Ken can't take another 2B, and the others have L's) and he looked right for both of you, although you both have one other way to go. Still, once Bene took Long, I figured my plans were already hashed because even if you went the other way, revo would then take Lazzeri.
                      What's Laughable is I was compLeteLy pLanning to Lurch in another direction until I changed course at the Last minute.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• DMT makes 'bird livid
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                          DMT makes 'bird livid
                          Drafters maybe better look at L !!!!
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                            I watched part of 78 AL one game playoff last night on youtube. In 78 I was 12 and remember i got home from school in time to.see the last inning. Didnt remember Gossage was pitching. Bastard Yankees still won
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Sorry, it might be another half-hour guys. I just got back around (I left my computer on, so it looked like I was here), but, no, I was not at church; Home Depot actually, lol. Picking up a new grill---if my next pick comes back tomorrow evening, it might be delayed, too. I have to figure out what to do with two letters and one position now; but I was expecting this since Long was taken, so I have started on it.

Comment

• Don't most billy-wags lovers feel regret now ? I think so
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X