*** VD 14 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
    And it's not panic buying when you get the #3 catcher overall (at least on my list) in Round 12. I am just glad that Ken used Bench in the wrong decade instead of Berra---he could have---I wouldn't have been able to do anything about it since I am decade precluded from Bench. Taking a weaker catcher now; that would be panic buying. I doubt you'll do that.
    Meant to reply to you prior. I had Bench '69 worth 1 more standings point than Berra '48, so it was really more of an objective decision than strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      any news on a new AM album? I was kinda bummed by the last one.
      Who is AM.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I have a deep-seated love for Fiona Apple. Not super enthused by the new album but I'll give it some more of a listen. No dice on the Strokes for me, though - they just sound like generic alternative, except with autotune as a bonus.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Fiona Apple makes me realize I may just have a thing for the heroin-chic thing. Weird, because that's not normally my bag at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            Fiona Apple makes me realize I may just have a thing for the heroin-chic thing. Weird, because that's not normally my bag at all.
            I hear there is a fix for this
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              I hear there is a fix for this
              Hooking up with Fiona Apple? I hope it's hooking up with Fiona Apple.

Comment

• Hahahaha! Sometimes it's the sum of the parts and not the individual pieces, I suppose.

Comment

• Lol these isolated vocals tracks are cracking me up. Here's one from a song I totally love. Hilarious:

Comment

Lol these isolated vocals tracks are cracking me up. Here's one from a song I totally love. Hilarious:
                    Have you seen this

Comment

• Sounds like wet cats fucking in a burlap sack.

Comment

• No joke, that was difficult to listen to. I thought I remembered the name Puddle of Mud so I looked them up. They're the dudes who sang "she fucking hates me" a while back. Can't really say they've fallen from grace, lol.

Comment

• I will forever wonder if I should have burned a WC on Greg Maddux, who was out there even longer than our buddy Joe Morgan.

Comment

I will forever wonder if I should have burned a WC on Greg Maddux, who was out there even longer than our buddy Joe Morgan.
                            Let me help you....you should have. Wonder no more.
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Meant to reply to you prior. I had Bench '69 worth 1 more standings point than Berra '48, so it was really more of an objective decision than strategic.
                              That's a logical reason. I am just glad it went one point that way instead of the other way because I couldn't take Bench because I had all the decades within reason used up.

Comment

I will forever wonder if I should have burned a WC on Greg Maddux, who was out there even longer than our buddy Joe Morgan.
                                He was a great pick for Garp. I can't believe how long he lasted. I had been kicking myself for a while that I put Nen at 90's instead of 00's the longer he sat there. As for a wild card, that's a tougher call.

Comment

Working...
                                X