No announcement yet.

*** VD 14 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love revo's caginess here. With Ryan as the first start, one would think he's tanking ratios, but then he picks 1972, which means, maybe not. Maybe he's just tanking career ratios. Good pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
      I love revo's caginess here. With Ryan as the first start, one would think he's tanking ratios, but then he picks 1972, which means, maybe not. Maybe he's just tanking career ratios. Good pick.
      Ryan's actually my 2nd starter, behind John Clarkson. But thanks, you'll have to buy the ticket to see it how it plays out!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Ryan's actually my 2nd starter, behind John Clarkson. But thanks, you'll have to buy the ticket to see it how it plays out!
        Oh, yeah, you did take Clarkson. That makes me think you are doing the career ratio tank. Clarkson is also perfect for it.

Comment

• Time for church, I guess.

Comment

• AAAArrrrGGGhhhhhHHHHHH ! I should have taken Hack Wilson. Wacko Hacko ! Should have known he would pick his namesake
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              AAAArrrrGGGhhhhhHHHHHH ! I should have taken Hack Wilson. Wacko Hacko ! Should have known he would pick his namesake
              Yeah I should have grabbed him last time around the ol' bend, too.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                AAAArrrrGGGhhhhhHHHHHH ! I should have taken Hack Wilson. Wacko Hacko ! Should have known he would pick his namesake
                I gave you a chance- I almost grab him last round but decide to take ManRam. When he was still there I grabbed him

Comment

No surprises here. I'll make the solid, boring, obvious-as-shit pick. Garp, frae, and johnny would all take him if I don't.
                  Didn't panic buy toilet roll, not gonna start now

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    I know you are trolling me about Charmin, but I'm not falling for it
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      Dude, he was never getting to you. Of course you weren't going to buy. I'll go bold now. If two certain players make it back to me for my next pick, I think I win this. I might be wrong (my grand plan might leave me short everywhere), but I think I can play the straight up, all categories fine if I can get a couple of guys.

Comment

• And it's not panic buying when you get the #3 catcher overall (at least on my list) in Round 12. I am just glad that Ken used Bench in the wrong decade instead of Berra---he could have---I wouldn't have been able to do anything about it since I am decade precluded from Bench. Taking a weaker catcher now; that would be panic buying. I doubt you'll do that.

Comment

Dude, he was never getting to you. Of course you weren't going to buy. I'll go bold now. If two certain players make it back to me for my next pick, I think I win this. I might be wrong (my grand plan might leave me short everywhere), but I think I can play the straight up, all categories fine if I can get a couple of guys.
                          Well if you get two players with your next pick that is a pretty big advantage
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• It's late enough in the draft. The second player will get back to me unless someone does something a bit nuts.

Comment

• Zzzz zzzz zzzzz

Comment

• Pick up in a few
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X