No announcement yet.

*** VD 14 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Waddell was my pick. Dang it, back to the drawing board.

Comment

• Rube Waddell, the greatest baseball player in the history of the universe!
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Welp, time to pack it in, gents. DMT just won this thing. Waddell constitutes an automatic victory.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Mods, kill thread.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Crap. At one point, I had actually typed Waddell in as my last pick. On the other hand, I had absolutely zero expectation he would make it back to me. And I had other guys to get anyway. Nice pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Mods, kill thread.
              So what are you all thinking for VD15, maybe decades/letters/franchise/birthday month combo ? Make it a little challenging ?
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              ---------------------------------------------
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                Well, it was one of two routes, as far as I could tell. Guess since it's not the ratios punt it's the other one!
                Pssst.....what's this "other one" you speak of?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Well Waddell was my pick. Dang it, back to the drawing board.
                  I almost talked myself out of it but surmised he'd be the most likely to get snaked in the next four picks.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    So what are you all thinking for VD15, maybe decades/letters/franchise/birthday month combo ? Make it a little challenging ?
                    12 round draft eh? Sounds fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      If we can find a way to integrate the Franchises into the spreadsheet ... that has bee the issue. The plan was for a Franchise combo draft next.

I think this group would be sweaty enough to give the triple threat challenge a go.

I'm down for it!

Comment

• Really we should just move on to talking about Waddell’s escapades for the rest of the thread now.

Comment

• The Sporting News referred to Rube Waddell as a "sousepaw" because of his prolific drinking.

Comment

• During exhibition games, Waddell on multiple occasions instructed his infielders to go sit in the clubhouse and then proceeded to strike out the side.

Comment

• In 1905, Rube Waddell dueled Cy Young for 20 innings (!!!!) and ended up winning the game 4-2. He did cartwheels off the mound when he won.

Comment

• This is going to be another evening where Slasher just doesn't pick for no apparent reason, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X