No announcement yet.

*** VD 14 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleh. Pick up. Went through about 10 different ideas with that pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      Um, because I'm in first? Duh.
      Round 9 champ !!!!
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

All right I'm taking the kid out to church. Be back shortly.
        Is this another jerking off euphemism? Because we don't need to know.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          Is this another jerking off euphemism? Because we don't need to know.
          Hahaha! I lol'd out loud
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I'll pick a year for Hughie Jennings once I'm out of confessional. This priest seems shocked so far.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I'm out of confessional. This priest seems shocked so far.
              Your euphemisms keep gettimg worse ! Way tmi.
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                Your euphemisms keep gettimg worse ! Way tmi.
                Well, slap my hog and cradle my plums! You just may be right.

Comment

• You can't win with Jack Quinn....but damn, I was hoping to try
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Wow, what a fascinating couple of picks. If you had told me Quinn went in those two picks, I would have been sure it was revo taking him. Instead, hacko is either going to try to absorb Quinn's ratios or tank ratios, which looked like revo's plan. Of course, revo's plan may just be to keep Kimbrel as his only pitcher and win with hitting and ratios, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                      Wow, what a fascinating couple of picks. If you had told me Quinn went in those two picks, I would have been sure it was revo taking him. Instead, hacko is either going to try to absorb Quinn's ratios or tank ratios, which looked like revo's plan. Of course, revo's plan may just be to keep Kimbrel as his only pitcher and win with hitting and ratios, lol.
                      Yes, I decided long ago that Kimbrel would be my only pitcher this draft, lol.

And yeah, Hacko is tanking ratios, but that plan usually goes hand-in-hand with a hitter heavy strategy, which is not what he's doing, so I'm curious to see how it turns out.

As far as me, well, you'll just have to stay tuned!

Comment

• I'm still in "take the best player in a vacuum" strategy, which is a terrible strategy I know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          I'm still in "take the best player in a vacuum" strategy, which is a terrible strategy I know.
                          That was usually essentially Seitzer's strategy back in the old days when everyone was convinced you absolutely had to punt several categories in order to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            I'm still in "take the best player in a vacuum" strategy, which is a terrible strategy I know.
                            Well, the inability of humans to breathe in vacuums makes it difficult. But really, you have a pretty nice mix---four really bad letters, four really good letters, and a couple of tough decades for good measure.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post

As far as me, well, you'll just have to stay tuned!
                              Well, it was one of two routes, as far as I could tell. Guess since it's not the ratios punt it's the other one!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                                Well, the inability of humans to breathe in vacuums makes it difficult.
                                No, you see I stuff them inside a vacuum cleaner and check which one sucks the least.

You thought I was shooting them out to space? Ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X