• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Found another error ... fixing
    Fixed as of 03.39am GMT

Comment

• First place is still getting 14 points instead of 13.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        First place is still getting 14 points instead of 13.
        Fixed. Thx

Comment

Just to recap fellas, before you pick check the summary on the draft thread. The important points to remember:

1. 1870's hitters are not necessary ... you only need 14 of the 15 hitter decades.

2. It will be 11 of the 14 Pitcher decades

3. It's 3 of 5 QUIZY's

4. There are 2 WC letters

5. This is OBP (not BA)

6. VD6 was the last Letter/Decade combo draft if you want a quick reference
          Bump ...

Comment

• FWIW, O'Rourke is the one guy it makes sense, to me, to take in the 1870's. The only other choice is 1890's, which is a huge hitting decade and taking him in 1875 gives some flexibility later. He was taken as 1875 in VD 6 as well, which had the same rules. If he had fallen to me, and I took him, I would have taken 1875 as well, knowing full well I didn't have to take an 1870's season---although I cannot take another 1890's season, and I probably would have passed on him for that reason.

Comment

• A path diverges in the VD woods. Some would take the obvious tack. Others would take the path less traveled. I think I am going to try to bust through some underbrush where there isn't a path and take a season for a player that has never been taken before. Stragedy.

(Okay, this is just being melodramatic. My pick wouldn't make it back to me, and whoever takes this guy will take this season; the only reason it wasn't taken before is because it is 2019.)

Comment

• So I'm seeing that all the apostrophes have been copied across to the player ID's ... so I'll have to fix that.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                  FWIW, O'Rourke is the one guy it makes sense, to me, to take in the 1870's. The only other choice is 1890's, which is a huge hitting decade and taking him in 1875 gives some flexibility later. He was taken as 1875 in VD 6 as well, which had the same rules. If he had fallen to me, and I took him, I would have taken 1875 as well, knowing full well I didn't have to take an 1870's season---although I cannot take another 1890's season, and I probably would have passed on him for that reason.
                  1889 is clearly better than 1875 even if you don't want an 1890's pick.

Comment

• I'm having a strange issue with the spreadsheet, hope someone can help.

I have my Stat spreadsheet linked to the VD14 spreadsheet, so after every player picked is entered, it marks them as drafted. After I linked the two sheets together, the formula picks up all drafted players that Johnny entered (up to Pujols), but when I enter the next two (O'Rourke & Verlander), it doesn't pick them up. The formula I use links to the "Pick" tab of the Spreadsheet. Here's an example:

This is for Pujols, for example:
                    =IF(ISNA(MATCH(C20,'C:\Users\Dropbox\[VD14-Scoring-Sheet.xlsx]pick'!$C$2:$C$381,0))," ","draft")

This is for O'Rourke:
                    =IF(ISNA(MATCH(C61,'C:\Users\Dropbox\[VD14-Scoring-Sheet.xlsx]pick'!$C$2:$C$381,0))," ","draft")

Same formula, just different cells for those players, of course. It shows Pujols as being drafted, but not O'Rourke (or Verlander).

I tried entering other players there, and it doesn't pick them up either. I think it has something to do with the 'Pick' tab of the spreadsheet, but I'm not sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      I'm having a strange issue with the spreadsheet, hope someone can help.

I have my Stat spreadsheet linked to the VD14 spreadsheet, so after every player picked is entered, it marks them as drafted. After I linked the two sheets together, the formula picks up all drafted players that Johnny entered (up to Pujols), but when I enter the next two (O'Rourke & Verlander), it doesn't pick them up. The formula I use links to the "Pick" tab of the Spreadsheet. Here's an example:

This is for Pujols, for example:
                      =IF(ISNA(MATCH(C20,'C:\Users\Dropbox\[VD14-Scoring-Sheet.xlsx]pick'!$C$2:$C$381,0))," ","draft")

This is for O'Rourke:
                      =IF(ISNA(MATCH(C61,'C:\Users\Dropbox\[VD14-Scoring-Sheet.xlsx]pick'!$C$2:$C$381,0))," ","draft")

Same formula, just different cells for those players, of course. It shows Pujols as being drafted, but not O'Rourke (or Verlander).

I tried entering other players there, and it doesn't pick them up either. I think it has something to do with the 'Pick' tab of the spreadsheet, but I'm not sure.
                      O'Rourke is almost certainly the way the "O'" has copied across when I added the new stats. Same with all the "O's" and possible any player with abbreviation.

I'm fixing this now ... the hard way.

Edit:

O'Rourke Fixed

Verlander works fine for me

Comment

O'Rourke is almost certainly the way the "O'" has copied across when I added the new stats. Same with all the "O's" and possible any player with abbreviation.

I'm fixing this now ... the hard way.

Edit:

O'Rourke Fixed

Verlander works fine for me
                        OK, fixed it. Thanks.

Comment

• IF YOU PICK A 2019 PLAYER - please post the updated stats as well. Verlander and Pujols so far.

Edit: Career and BY in spreadsheet format if possible, please
                          Last edited by Bene Futuis; 04-06-2020, 11:21 AM.
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I’ll be ready to pick in a little while. My son’s online / TV school started up again.
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                              I’ll be ready to pick in a little while. My son’s online / TV school started up again.
                              That's how u get your picks ?
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                                IF YOU PICK A 2019 PLAYER - please post the updated stats as well. Verlander and Pujols so far.

Edit: Career and BY in spreadsheet format if possible, please
                                Are the stats really messed up? I can take some time to fix them all if we need.

Comment

Working...
                                X