No announcement yet.

*** VD 14 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Err... someone stop me... this could be endless!
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      Nope. Not a requirement. The thing was, before we used to have multiple spreadsheets running, and we'd do regular checks to make sure the scores tallied.

We don't really do that anymore, KS's sheet has become the de facto, so we don't have that failsafe anymore. If there's a mistake in the main sheet, we are all sharing that mistake.
      I can do a better job keeping up with it since I'm the lone wolf out here not using it.

Comment

• phew ….

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          I think the rule should be... when you pick, you can call out a discrepancy. If you don't then the stats stay as in the spreadsheet.
          That only works if you use the spreadsheet - basically that means everyone has to be following that spreadsheet on every pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            I can do a better job keeping up with it since I'm the lone wolf out here not using it.
            how did that work out for you pumpkin?

Comment

I think the rule should be... when you pick, you can call out a discrepancy. If you don't then the stats stay as in the spreadsheet.
              Why even make people check against BR...just use the spreadsheet
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              ---------------------------------------------
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                Why even make people check against BR...just use the spreadsheet
                because some people are too kewl for the spreedsheet

Comment

how did that work out for you pumpkin?
                  Still an open question which one of you finishes last, lol. I also look at players mostly outside of the spreadsheet.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                    Still an open question which one of you finishes last, lol.
                    It's a referendum on sheet use!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      That only works if you use the spreadsheet - basically that means everyone has to be following that spreadsheet on every pick.
                      Yeah no-one wants that, and if you're running your own sheet, then that's much better because we can actively compare the scores periodically through the draft. That will find any typos or discrepancies.

I remember Revo used to run his own sheet. I used to have my own also.

Comment

• 99.3768% sure I know my pick but lemme double check things and stuff and whatnot
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• So I have indeed updated the scoring sheet with the Encarnacion (65) and Trout SF's (48).

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            So I have indeed updated the scoring sheet with the Encarnacion (65) and Trout SF's (48).
                            Man, Elvis Andrus really stands out (for his lack of other stats) when you sort by Career SF.

Comment

• A couple of hat tips are in order here:

First, to the Feral Slasher---he did make it to my pick in first place. Impressive job in hanging on for as long as possible.

Second, to frae---since there are no 1910's hitters with a 58 HR season, frae will pull off an impressive feat--last in career HR, first in best year HR. Emphasizing one over the other is easy enough, but to manage to go first and last is almost impossible.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                                A couple of hat tips are in order here:

First, to the Feral Slasher---he did make it to my pick in first place. Impressive job in hanging on for as long as possible.

Second, to frae---since there are no 1910's hitters with a 58 HR season, frae will pull off an impressive feat--last in career HR, first in best year HR. Emphasizing one over the other is easy enough, but to manage to go first and last is almost impossible.
                                Draft 3 quizy in a row, first and last in hr's I am full of firsts. Sadly not first place every.

Comment

Working...
                                X