*** VD 14 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    I inputted them into my projection sheet, not the scoring sheet ... I should have said.
    Where do you input them to have a difference--in the hitter career tab or the hitter combined tab?

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
      Your suggestion is fairer, but it avoids the fun your players hitting home runs during the vintage draft, lol.
      Ahhh ... the good old days ... I actually miss scouring through B-R.com and random ranking lists looking for hidden gems.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        Where do you input them to have a difference--in the hitter career tab or the hitter combined tab?
        hit_car ... the SF column for Edwin Encarnacio and Mike Trout as per ken's link above.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Two aspects of that which I'd like to respond to.

1) I agree that the spreadsheet should be a reliable source. So we should check it up front to make sure the data is correct. I'm up for that.
          2) I don't think we should be limited to the spreadsheet. There are some edge cases where you can find a player/year that isn't there, and you shouldn't be punished for looking outside the spreadsheet should you choose. Probably won't come up much.
          I agree. There is one player I wanted to check for projections (who could still be drafted, so I can't name drop) who had five seasons listed, but none of them was his best season. I found that weird.

Comment

• I should update these stats on the Scoring sheet right? That's what we've always done when we get a discrepancy.

Comment

Two aspects of that which I'd like to respond to.

1) I agree that the spreadsheet should be a reliable source. So we should check it up front to make sure the data is correct. I'm up for that.
              2) I don't think we should be limited to the spreadsheet. There are some edge cases where you can find a player/year that isn't there, and you shouldn't be punished for looking outside the spreadsheet should you choose. Probably won't come up much.
              Or maybe keep the rules as they are, and have a cut off point after which changes can't be made, say 5 rounds from the finish?

Comment

Or maybe keep the rules as they are, and have a cut off point after which changes can't be made, say 5 rounds from the finish?
                I'm definitely open to following the rules, but what do you mean by keep them as they are?

I honestly don't use the common spreadsheet for my picks, am I required to?

Comment

I honestly don't use the common spreadsheet for my picks, am I required to?
                  Nope. Not a requirement. The thing was, before we used to have multiple spreadsheets running, and we'd do regular checks to make sure the scores tallied.

We don't really do that anymore, KS's sheet has become the de facto, so we don't have that failsafe anymore. If there's a mistake in the main sheet, we are all sharing that mistake.

Comment

Ahhh ... the good old days ... I actually miss scouring through B-R.com and random ranking lists looking for hidden gems.
                    Shit, I still do that. I have found interesting things not always on the spreadsheet.

Comment

I'm definitely open to following the rules, but what do you mean by keep them as they are?
                      The rules as they are say, that if there is a discrepancy of any kind, B-R.com is the final word.

Comment

• I think the rule should be... when you pick, you can call out a discrepancy. If you don't then the stats stay as in the spreadsheet.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

The rules as they are say, that if there is a discrepancy of any kind, B-R.com is the final word.
                          hmm... maybe that only helps if the stat change is in your favor. Maybe it's anyone has 10 picks to call out a change.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            hmm... maybe that only helps if the stat change is in your favor. Maybe it's anyone has 10 picks to call out a change.
                            nah... I like the first. If you can improve your player by calling out something at the time of your pick, we will change... otherwise, the sheet rulz.

Comment

• 3 in a row!

Comment

• Wait, now 4!

Comment

Working...
                                X