VD13 Poll 2 - Fix the Draft Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VD13 Poll 2 - Fix the Draft Order

Proposal to fix the draft order of VD 13 based on the reversed finishing order of VD12.

1. Yes I would like the draft order fixed

2. No I would like a randomized draft order
    Yes I would like the draft order fixed
    0%
    No I would like a randomized draft order
    0%

Originally posted by johnnya24
    Proposal to fix the draft order of VD 13 based on the reversed finishing order of VD12.

1. Yes I would like the draft order fixed

2. No I would like a randomized draft order
    I've got a petty big conflict of interest here, so I'll vote randomized.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

By the way, if we do fixed, we can have people choose their slots.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I'm normally down for anything, but I really hate this idea.

1. This can't be a permanent thing, because we would be introducing incentivised tanking for a better draft slot next time. how do we police that?

2. It can only be a one off, so what's the point?

3. I am uncomfortable with this poll, because we're basically asking the bottom 4 players in VD12 if they want one of the elite 4 players next time. We've never done a poll like this before.

4. The randomness of the draft order is part of the fun.

Comment

It seems pretty obvious to me that certain people do well and others don't so why wouldn't we try to even the playing field if we can?
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
            By the way, if we do fixed, we can have people choose their slots.
            Yeah. We'd still be doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              I'm normally down for anything, but I really hate this idea.

1. This can't be a permanent thing, because we would be introducing incentivised tanking for a better draft slot next time. how do we police that?

2. It can only be a one off, so what's the point?

3. I am uncomfortable with this poll, because we're basically asking the bottom 4 players in VD12 if they want one of the elite 4 players next time. We've never done a poll like this before.

4. The randomness of the draft order is part of the fun.
              No one is saying make this a permanent idea. You're making the other side's argument with point #2. We often introduce new wrinkles to mix things up so why not this?

Watching people who don't normally compete compete rather than the same few contenders as every other VD is a hell of a lot more fun than randomization IMO.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Of course the fact that johnny finished 9th doesn't help the argument for using standings. Strange times indeed.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

And the fact that heye is afraid of finishing last despite getting his choice of draft slot.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

It seems pretty obvious to me that certain people do well and others don't so why wouldn't we try to even the playing field if we can?
                    I personally don't think this is really an issue. Everyone has gotten pretty good these days. I mean ... CJ finished 8th, I finished 9th, Feral 11th. I'm very confident Ken and Mookie will become good players also. We have a very strong crew of competitors here.

Comment

No one is saying make this a permanent idea. You're making the other side's argument with point #2. We often introduce new wrinkles to mix things up so why not this?

Watching people who don't normally compete compete rather than the same few contenders as every other VD is a hell of a lot more fun than randomization IMO.
                      I think the only way this would have a chance of passing is if you emphasized it was a one off. Although I suppose that's implied. I really don't know. If it's not already clear, I'm kind of uncomfortable with this one.

Also, it's false to say "the same few contenders". Practically everyone has contended in the last number of drafts. No one makes bad picks these days. IT SUCKS! people have gotten good bro

Comment

I personally don't think this is really an issue. Everyone has gotten pretty good these days. I mean ... I finished 9th, Feral 11th. .
                        nice "humble brag"
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

As much as I'd like to pick fourth, I voted for random. ONe of these days I'll get a pick near the top. TO make things competitive I'd be ok making the winner or the top three draft in the bottom half for the next draft or something like that, but overall I like the random.
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I think the only way this would have a chance of passing is if you emphasized it was a one off. Although I suppose that's implied. I really don't know. If it's not already clear, I'm kind of uncomfortable with this one.

Also, it's false to say "the same few contenders". Practically everyone has contended in the last number of drafts. No one makes bad picks these days. IT SUCKS! people have gotten good bro
                            We have two rookies and heyelander 12-14.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

We have two rookies and heyelander 12-14.
                              heyelander takes one to the nuts !!
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                              X