*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Baseball trivia to get this place hoppin - Who is the only pitcher to lead both the NL and AL in shutouts – in the same season?
    I'm pretty sure he pitched after 1902.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Baseball trivia to get this place hoppin - Who is the only pitcher to lead both the NL and AL in shutouts – in the same season?
      The name that comes to mind is C.C. Sabathia. I remember he was an NL Cy Young contender the year he was traded. I think he pitched pretty well in the AL that year, too, but I don't know if well enough to lead the league in shutouts.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

The name that comes to mind is C.C. Sabathia. I remember he was an NL Cy Young contender the year he was traded. I think he pitched pretty well in the AL that year, too, but I don't know if well enough to lead the league in shutouts.
        I think this was the answer...forgot where I was looking at this, ha
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I think this was the answer...forgot where I was looking at this, ha
          Probably over dinner with Mudcat Grant....

Comment

Probably over dinner with Mudcat Grant....
            Oh no...I remember that conversation clearly. I'll post some details in a bit once I get out of this meeting.
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• At the phillies As game. Mostly phillies fans in my section. Lots of harper jerseys. A Hoskins, utley, schwarber, even a schmidt. There 3 people wearing stubbs shirts, I winder if they are family. Then there's some asshole wearing a Mets Tebow jersey. Wtf?
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                At the phillies As game. Mostly phillies fans in my section. Lots of harper jerseys. A Hoskins, utley, schwarber, even a schmidt. There 3 people wearing stubbs shirts, I winder if they are family. Then there's some asshole wearing a Mets Tebow jersey. Wtf?
                Family sections are usually behind the home dugout.

Comment

Family sections are usually behind the home dugout.
                  That's where we are. Jen asked. Mom dad and uncle.

Comment

That's where we are. Jen asked. Mom dad and uncle.
                    Sounds like you had some great seats, that would be fun
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• My baseball team had a game yesterday and one today. Saving our ace for today. Halfway through the game yesterday the catcher/coach says, "you said you were interested in pitching, right? Get warmed up !". I threw a few pitches and headed out to RF. A hit and a walk later I got the call lol.

I mostly didn't want to embarrass myself and walk a bunch of guys. Fortunately the other team made great contact when I managed to get the ball over the plate. So I got out of the inning with 2 or 3 ER. They didn't pull me....so I did another inning. More or less the same. They sent me out for a third inning. Although the opposition continued to smack around my BP fastball, I made it thru a scoreless inning.

In 3 innings i had 2 swings and misses, one called strike, 2 walks, a hit batsman, lots of hits and no strikeouts. My whole body is sore except my throwing arm. It was awesome
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Got this for Jen for her birthday on Thursday:

John Kruk for Jen | Cameo

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher
                          In 3 innings i had 2 swings and misses, one called strike, 2 walks, a hit batsman, lots of hits and no strikeouts. My whole body is sore except my throwing arm. It was awesome
                          Very nice! try throwing anything but a fastball?

Comment

Got this for Jen for her birthday on Thursday:

John Kruk for Jen | Cameo
                            Very cool, apparently you went to dinner ?
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Very nice! try throwing anything but a fastball?
                              Mostly went with the 4-seamer. Tried a curve and slider ..and one knuckleball lol. Couldn't get them over though. Dropped down to submarine a few times. It is easy on the shoulder and I could get more velocity. Apparently I wasn't total crap because I was slated for relief this weekend until I tweaked my hamstring scoring from second on a single. I am 2 for 8 with 3 walks so far...so obp over .400. It is really a lot of fun.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Our first game of the season we got beat 42-0, and we had a rematch yesterday. We added a D3 college pitcher who is amazing. We were up 3-1, but ended up losing 5-3. Much more fun when the game is competitive.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X