*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    My spam filters don't like whatever Russian hacker site the first one is on; can't see it.
    Surprising... M*ck gives me fits with a lot of stuff, but it had no issue with that.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Hah I missed the obvious - good call
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• I don't think it could be lajoie- I looked at some pics of him and he is very distinctive looking. Cleveland could be right, it looks like a D but LE in that position makes perfect sense. Maybe I'll look at a couple Cleveland team pages from the dead all era
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• I had no idea Cleveland Indians got the name because a native American had played for the team when they were the Spiders- Louis Sockalexis

Comment

• They could rename the team The Lou Socks.

Comment

• 1916 Indians - I think that's him, still not certain who it is tho

Comment

• Might be Tris Speaker

Comment

• people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• So any context? Why the interest in this particular picture?
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Oh right - Amber picked it up at a thrift store. Not an original photo, but pretty good size

Comment

• Looks like Terry Turner to me.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Looks like Terry Turner to me.
                          Good call, looks like the same guy

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Looks like Terry Turner to me.
                            Ted's uncle?
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• The Internet is an amazing thing. 25 years ago, you never would have been able to figure out who that was without a major research effort probably involving multiple libraries and/or travel to other cities and the investment of a large number of hours.
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Oh wow you're right! There were a few pictures of Speaker on the 1916 team (which matches the uniform patterns) that look a lot like him, but it's Turner. The print is nice enough that I'm going to put it up in my office with some other recent finds ( none baseball related). Time to go see who Turner was, I see he played for quite a while...

Comment

Working...
                                X