No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol you think you're making it to 2077?
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
      Lol you think you're making it to 2077?
      So I was electing benefits at Merck a few weeks back. I've never really paid attention to accidental death and dismemberment insurance, but then I read what all it was for and how cheap it was, and I was like, This has me written all over it! I got a nice chunk of that shit.
      Last edited by heyelander; 08-26-2020, 06:43 PM.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Prices were:
        Walking Dead $9.99
        GTA V Premium $15.99
        Cities Skylines $9.99
        Boarderlands 3 $31.00
        Farcry 5 $14.99

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          Prices were:
          Walking Dead $9.99
          GTA V Premium $15.99
          Cities Skylines $9.99
          Boarderlands 3 $31.00
          Farcry 5 $14.99
          Sadly, lots of DLC with City Skylines. Paradox Games is their publisher, and they are one of the worst DLC farming developers in the industry. Europa Universalis 4 must be over $300 now with all DLC's added.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            Sadly, lots of DLC with City Skylines. Paradox Games is their publisher, and they are one of the worst DLC farming developers in the industry. Europa Universalis 4 must be over $300 now with all DLC's added.
            can I just play the base and be entertained for a week?

I played Sims 4 for a couple of weeks without any DLC. EA is miserable with that shit too.

Comment

• Okay, that video is 53 minutes long... plus a bunch of commercials. I can't be doing that during work. At least not until Friday.

Comment

So I was electing benefits at Merck a few weeks back. I've never really paid attention to accidental death and dismemberment insurance, but then I read what all it was for and how cheap it was, and I was like, This has me written all over it! I got a nice chunk of that shit.
                Purposeful death and dismemberment insurance is a lot more extensive.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

can I just play the base and be entertained for a week?

I played Sims 4 for a couple of weeks without any DLC. EA is miserable with that shit too.
                  Yeah ... you can play base game and all patches. Will still be a very good game if you haven't played it before. Good luck with the traffic

Comment

Okay, that video is 53 minutes long... plus a bunch of commercials. I can't be doing that during work. At least not until Friday.
                    You definitely don't want to miss the last part.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      Purposeful death and dismemberment insurance is a lot more extensive.
                      And expensive, for that matter.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        And expensive, for that matter.
                        Not to mention expansive
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• In April when I bought my gaming computer, I bought a bunch of games:

I bought Cities Skylines, played it for like an hour.

Bought Europa Universalis, haven’t even touched it yet.

Bought Hearts of Iron V, haven’t touched it.

Bought Rome II: Total War, played it like an hour or two.

Bought Napoleon: Total War, now this game is very good. But still haven’t really played it all that much (still within my first game).

Bought Civ VI, played it a lot, haven’t touched it in 2 months.

So so much for all the “add ons.”

And I’m starting to get bored with OOTP 21.

I also bought all 3 of my kids their own gaming computers last week, so they all now have better rigs than I do. All so they can play Roblox or Team Fortress 2 on yet another system.

Comment

• If you haven't looked into it, Xbox Game Pass is an insane deal. I don't know if there's still the introductory pricing of $1/month or if it's up to $5 (there are workarounds to get more than one month at $1 if you're interested, I can go find them), but it's basically a Netflix-for-games model that has a ton of very recent stuff in it. Also you can even play PC games on your Android phone.

In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• You guys are trying to drag me back.....i kicked my civ 5 addiction weeks ago.
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                Not to mention expansive
                                Lots of things are expansive at this age.

Comment

Working...
                                X